What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theKeeper: Q. Metal Knob tutorial

J

John1

After step 1-4 I have nothing that looks like a knob yet.
After step 5 things get worse.
Are you sure you meant to write this -> "Now start at the bottom right and draw a rough wavey line up to the topright corner. There's no 'perfect' line here... just do a rough wavey one that's good enough."
PS. For the sake of making things clear, I'm marking the wavey line on a screenshot, because of problems I had (see next post).

Thanks for your help

"Now start at the bottom right and draw a rough wavey line up to the topright corner. There's no 'perfect' line here... just do a rough wavey one that's good enough."

Look at my screenshot after I did this.
The wave line drawn with the pencil tool is not visible and the original diagonal line (bottom/left to top/right) is still visible.

Just a guess -
Start at the lower-left and wiggle your way to the upper-right.

hahaha aaa man... ya sorry bout that John i guess i should've been more explicit there. I meant you should follow the default line -- bottom left to top right.

Actually i'm now seeing a lot of confusing spots. DOH! [doh] That's what i get for doing these things at 4am. [sleepy] I'll change all that right now! :perfect:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Nice Tutorial, Mark! :)

I played around with it and liked what I got. I then tried to come up with the ridges a lot of radio dials have. I'm not sure if I got it. Let me know what you think. ( I used a custom thin brush and stroked the path.)

Ya Moth that's a nice touch. They just look a little off-center to my eye...? Perhaps try center aligning everything and see if it is off or not.

Hi everyone, and thanks to the keeper for the tut.
Here's my attempt at the "KNOB". I couldn't get it to look like yours, but what the hey,right?

Naa that's a great effort Solsonic, nothing wrong with that. Looks like you got through the tute just fine. :perfect:

And there's also nothing wrong with having some originality. [excited]

Back