What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Site times out too soon.

Steve

Retired Administrator
More than once I've seen a thread I wanted to respond to but I needed to open PS or do a search for something before responding.

Several times after doing this, bouncing back and forth from PS, the message I'm creating on this site, and some search I may be doing, I complete the message and post it just to find I've been logged out.

I'm presented with a log in window but my message is gone and so is the thread I was trying to participate in.

I've started copying and pasting my completed message to a text document and dragging the link to my desktop.

Can this be changed, fixed, whatever?
Thanks

iDad

Guru
I never have a time out sure it's not your provider?

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
It wouldn't be your provider, only your browser if you close it or have it set to delete cookies.... but more likely it's a setting I can change... I'll check it out tomorrow I have to run now.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I'm using IE7 and I don't know anyway to set it to delete all cookies and temp Internet files when I close the browser.
As for when I'm having this problem, the browser is open and I'm working on a message here, but I can be tabbing to another site or checking out something in PS, but I'm not closing the browser.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Hey Steve, when you log in make sure that you check the box that says "Remember Me" (in Light Breeze) or "Save" (in dark heme). and that should prevent it from timing out altogether.

If that doesn't work let me know. Thanks.

savaii

I am having a problem uploading an avatar. I receive a message saying that the connection had been reset. Please advise. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Hi savaii, PM me with a link to your avatar image and I'll see if I can upload it for you.

It might be that it's above the size or filesize limit.