What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timeline Clips

Cousin Vinnie

Greetings, Earthlings!
I'm having problems moving clips around in the Timeline. There are many ways to do this – drag and drop the clip, move layers around, etc. Whichever way you take, moving a clip is often like hitting the other clips like bowling pins. If you lock those layers, the clips can still move. I have a project up that is now 120 layers and about 20 Video groups. I've surrendered to making a new layer for each new clip so it doesn't disrupt the rest of the arrangement. But I'd rather not. I also leave clips in that I've replaced with other media and make them invisible so that layer doesn't collapse around the gap.

In a follow-up question – Is the added size of the .psd with so many extra or hidden layers lost when it's Rendered? The uncompressed 6 minute video is 200mb. Rendered from a tiff, it's 150mb.