What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took this in a New Direction

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here's the new version I just finished working on and a reference to the first. Now I need to learn about making reflections in glass windows! :mrgreen:

ps: have to put some darkness and color back into that glaring sky and part of the snowy ground. But not tonite.

Attachments

• DayDreams.jpg
    DayDreams.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DayDream.jpg
    DayDream.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ooooh! NICE!! I don´t understand what you have done. Have you cut out all the windows by hand with the pen tool or have you used something else? I am really amazed at these, I would like to try the window thing too. :)

I think there is such great depth and perspective in them, that is what I think is the hardest thing to do ever.

Hi IbClare, I think this work you've been doing is fnatastic, I only have one qualm, the cat, the girl and the mushroom thing, need a shadow, as you will notice, the tree's shadowing is to the right, you can use that as a guideline for yours, and remember, the closer objects tend to have a darker, more defined shadow.

Making reflections in windows is quite simple the way I used to do it, take the image of your man, duplicate him, and flip his body around so they are both facing each other then, move the flipped man onto the window and turn the opacity down until you think it looks right, then remove the areas of the reflection where you wouldn't normally see one, and just generally play around. you'll probably wand te room the man is in reflected too, to make it more windowy

Ooooh! NICE!! I don´t understand what you have done. Have you cut out all the windows by hand with the pen tool or have you used something else? I am really amazed at these, I would like to try the window thing too. :)

I think there is such great depth and perspective in them, that is what I think is the hardest thing to do ever.

Thank you V, I'm glad you like them. Yes, I did cut out the glass in the window. Actually, I don't like using the pen tool for this kind of thing, so mostly I used the polygonal lasso and even a square eraser. Just my preference. No point in using a mask for all the right angles. Zeealice reminds me of how to do reflections (see below). It's funny how I can look at these when I'm working on them in Photoshop and think I'm pretty much done, then when they're posted, I see them in a different light. So, more to do, but I already knew that. :mrgreen:

Hi IbClare, I think this work you've been doing is fnatastic, I only have one qualm, the cat, the girl and the mushroom thing, need a shadow, as you will notice, the tree's shadowing is to the right, you can use that as a guideline for yours, and remember, the closer objects tend to have a darker, more defined shadow.

Making reflections in windows is quite simple the way I used to do it, take the image of your man, duplicate him, and flip his body around so they are both facing each other then, move the flipped man onto the window and turn the opacity down until you think it looks right, then remove the areas of the reflection where you wouldn't normally see one, and just generally play around. you'll probably wand te room the man is in reflected too, to make it more windowy

Thank you. They have shadows, just going in the opposite direction of what you are seeing. I guess they are not strong enough. I will work on that. But I see the light coming from the right not the left. It's fairly amorphous. Yes, I have done reflections like this with text. Why didn't I think of that, LOL? Tx for that!

Last edited:
Maybe a bit less saturation on the stuff on the outside, but a big improvement! Great job!

Back