What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uncached refresh for all open windows

Is there a way to record the "uncached refresh" action? When I double click the histogram, click the warning triangle, the refresh button, or select "uncached refresh" from the histogram menu, my actions don't seem to be able to record this. I'm hoping to be able to perform Uncached Refresh on all open windows, preferably as part of a batch process.

MrToM

Guru
Set the 'Cache Level' in EDIT > PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE to 1 (Default 4)

You should then not need to refresh it manually...

...BUT.....

Doing this not only affects the histogram.....switching between Channels will be much slower......colour corrections will be slower...undoing colour corrections will much much slower.

There may be other things affected too so use with caution......if PS becomes 'unusable' then return to the default value of 4.

You will also need to restart PS for the 'Cache Level' edit to take effect.

Regards.
MrToM.

The cache levels in my performance preferences is set to 1, yet the histogram is still giving me values from different cache levels.

Paul MR

The Script Master
You can record "Uncached Refresh" using "Insert Menu Item" or in Script it would be:
Code:
runMenuItem(stringIDToTypeID('histogramPaletteUncachedRefresh'));