What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnected files

KBookman

For weeks now, I've been wrestling with a problem that keeps getting solved but then keeps recurring. One of my folders, which contains almost 400 pictures, keeps vanishing. When it vanishes, all 400 thumbnails in that "non-existent" folder get an "unconnected" question mark in the upper left corner. Sure enough, when I look in Windows Explorer, the folder doesn't exist. I don't actually DO anything in Windows Explorer. I learned long ago to stay within Elements for this sort of thing. But Elements isn't solving the problem. Can any of you?

Could possibly be that your hard drive is failing and developing bad sectors I would copy all the files inside that folder to a new folder runs some sort of check disk application you can do that through windows for a basic check if it passes test then defrag your hard drive and that should quarentine the unusable sectors of your hard drive.

Or it could be software related like windows corruption spyware or a virus download some kind of anti malware software such as Spybot or Malwarebytes Both are free for home users and are trusted by computer technicians all around the world and all though it is free they are both very good you may want to install both and scan as you will find they both will pick up different files. 98% of computers have some sort of malwre on them some where some of them can really slow a computer down not to mention troublesme to personal information. Malwarebytes also has a paid version which offers more advanced features.

Back