What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unfinished part 2

Dataflow

Power User
paul started a thread but i seen it after it was closed so thought i would create a threads just so i can make a post about what was discussed. here is the original thread http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/show-board/35647-unfinished.html

i thought i would create a basic setup of the image in a 3d app to show where the shadow would/should have been.

shadow-nail.jpg

just wanted to find out for myself but thought i would post the result

That is appreciated and nice little 3D image, but like i stated in my original post, it was meant as an idea for a abstract styled theme, NOT to mimic reality.
But i do understand where your coming from (do you get it) light source - coming from?:mrgreen:

yeah.
wasnt posting about your image just others comments about the shadow.
so the circle could stop :cheesygrin:

I like the idea was going to do it myself but yet again if you do not know where the light source originally came from how can you be sure yours is in the correct place

with 1 object you cant.
but with 2 (car, person) im sure that it cant be wrong.

if it was in any other position then those 2 shadows wouldnt be close to the original

Yours still looks off. With the angle of the spike, the shadow would be smaller and closer to the spike.

The entire shadow would be close to the base of the spike at a less extreme angle.

Back