What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Changes to PhotoshopGurus Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
There will be some changes taking place at PhotoshopGurus over the next several weeks and I am excited to share them with you.

The first thing you will notice is that we have been doing some cleaning in the forums and have banned a lot of accounts for blatant spamming. We have implemented some new anti-bot features and the spam in the forum has been reduced dramatically. It was a big problem and I know many of you were getting tired of it. Our mod team will be working hard to keep it under control and there should be very little spam here at PhotoshopGurus from now on.

The next thing that you will be seeing soon will be some changes to make the forums more organized. This will include moving/merging/renaming/adding forums and you will see these changes on the front page of the forum. If you have suggestions for this now would be a good time to speak up.

We will also be updating the forum theme to something more modern and visually pleasing. I will be opening a topic to get your feedback on this and I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Finally I would like to thank all of our Senior Members and everyone else who is helping to answer questions and generally helping out in the forums. Your contribution to the community is appreciated.

Happy Photoshopping!

admin

Change is usually a good thing be careful though, you'll confuse the old guy! ..........lol
Sorry Hawk, I had to ............: )

Wow, the forum is looking really good now! Thanks for all the effort.

Change is usually a good thing be careful though, you'll confuse the old guy! ..........lol
Sorry Hawk, I had to ............: )

I for one am happy this has been done, I stoped coming here as the spam was getting to much for me, but iDad said to come back, so I have and I'm back with some ideas to help the forum, you are right tho iDad, the old guys are getting a bit confuesd, I'm used to vB3.8, but liking the verson 4.

I feel times are changing and the forum look clean and fresh and something the forum as been needing for some time, thanks for emailing me iDad and telling me to get my ass back here :)

But also to help with the spam, there is a report button at the bottom left hand side of every post, and also to the top right hand side of every PM, if you use this the staff can then get to the problem posts/PMs and it will be much better for the post to be deleted :)

Last edited:
did I say ass?...lol nope not me!

I'm still a rookie but look forward to anything that happens; although I find the site very impressive as it is.

I for one am happy this has been done, I stopped coming here as the spam was getting to much for me.
Almost same story with me, but I'm back for good now, and looking forward to any improvements that may occur.

Thank you admin for all your hard work! On behalf of myself and the Photoshop Gurus community let me say that we appreciate your dedication to excellence and the wonderful job you have done here.

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back