What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade from CS5 to CS6?

PegoMan

I currently have CS5 Extended which I purchased on a hard disk, and would like to upgrade to CS6. My question is, can CS6 be obtained in any way other than Adobe Creative Cloud? That, on a monthly basis, does not interest me at all. Also have there ever been upgrades of Photoshop from one version to another? I know that some software will give you a break on a newer version since you have already purchased the first at full price.

Yeah, I know, these are probably pretty dumb questions considering the way the industry is going, but no harm in checking!

Thanks much,
John

P.S. I am not a student or teacher, just a retired old guy who enjoys photography and PS.

MikeMc

McGuru
I use CS5 extended also. I have no need to upgrade to CS6 as I do little if any 3D. Only advantage I'm aware of. The Cloud for 9.95 a month is not a bad value....if you really need it.

You might still be able to find CS6 in disk form, BUT open your wallet!

PegoMan

Thank you all, for your responses. I think that after your feedback that I will continue to use my CS5. I have no use for 3-D work either. My main problem is that so many of the online tutorials use CS6, but the adjustment for using CS5 does not make spending the big-bucks very practical.

Thanks again very much,

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can find CS6 that is not the extended version which has the 3D. Still will be a bit pricey.

9.99 a month is not pricey. That's very affordable for most, but only if you want to move away from CS5.

pslane

I went through this dilemma myself and after searching an searching for a legal copy of CS6, or even CS5, with no luck, I finally bought 1 year of PS CC 2015 for 9.95 a month after a month of free trial. I am happy with my decision. Good luck.
pslane

pslane

Yes, I've seen the prices of the CS6 products.. I only had a copy of CS3 which I later learned was a pirated copy. No upgrading for that. I think I picked the right option. And thank goodness, I have this forum for help! :)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I currently have CS5 Extended which I purchased on a hard disk, and would like to upgrade to CS6. My question is, can CS6 be obtained in any way other than Adobe Creative Cloud? That, on a monthly basis, does not interest me at all. Also have there ever been upgrades of Photoshop from one version to another? I know that some software will give you a break on a newer version since you have already purchased the first at full price.

Yeah, I know, these are probably pretty dumb questions considering the way the industry is going, but no harm in checking!

Thanks much,
John

P.S. I am not a student or teacher, just a retired old guy who enjoys photography and PS.

Upgrade to CS6 isn't offered at adobe. But you may be able to find upgrades at an adobe licensed supplier or distributor in your area - Canada. I obtained my recent upgrade from CS4 to 6 in the Philippines - my homeland.

Although we don't know what special arrangements Canada may have with Adobe they might have either a boxed update or full CS6. Mine was a full version.. What to do as they don't have the update only. But it was a special CS6 package offered there - not all the apps in the suite were included. It was still worth it for me.