What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vacation shots

siodre

some from last fall's vacation around the US rockies. canon 5d mk ii, edited in lightroom and cs5, no hdr.

5023733489_bd5189b02e_o.jpg

5630421164_0292957da4_o.jpg

I love doing that slow shutter down and give camera a slight twist see here is 1 of my favo0urite pics but this 1 held camera above my head under a tree looking straight up and spun in circles
Good work
View attachment 4988

first image shows us that the polar star is actually right above the earth :cheesygrin:
i am a member of a astronomy club btw :thumbsup:

hoogle, i don't hdr. nothing against it, i love looking at some great hdr shots, just not my personal style. the first shot is actually startrails, it's done by leaving the camera on a tripod, setting a long exposure (or taking a quick succession of photos and stacking them later which is what i did) and letting the stars spin in the night sky as the earth rotates, not by spinning the camera. burned ice is right, the stars spin around the north star, polaris (not actually shown above), which is found at the end of the handle of the little dipper.

lol I did not notice the big house that actually explains how you did it i saw a spiral and got excited I dont know I prefer natutral photography as well but some images can really benefit fom some slight hdr tweaking

burned ice is right
ahh nice, we'll quote that once more (sorry i just wanted to be egoistic today)

burned ice is right

the stars spin around the north star, polaris (not actually shown above), which is found at the end of the handle of the little dipper.

you can find the polaris easy (he is on the sky for all nights :D) by doing this:
follow the outer 2 stars of the great bear (grote beer in dutch, dunno what the english name is) to above and then you shall see the similar looking small bear (kleine beer in dutch, again, i don't know what the english name is), I searched the internets for an easy pic showing how:
Polaris-found.jpg

if you can't see the big bear, then search for another 5 minutes its quite big, if you can't find 'm afterwards, the clouds could be in front of it or you need glasses.

EDIT: the big bear isn't the right cognotation, its actually the big dipper =>
ursamaior.jpg Versus:
dippers.jpg

you can recognize bears at each pic

Attachments

• Polaris-found.jpg
    Polaris-found.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
and yet not a post of his work to see how he has evolved from cutting out home front guy and changing background

my parents are divorced, so i only can get on photoshop a week <-> a week, i can get on it from this wednesday

EDIT: i wanted to show you guys a 'the clone wars' logo from a tutorial i followed but fair enough the file is broken

follow the outer 2 stars of the great bear (grote beer in dutch, dunno what the english name is) to above and then you shall see the similar looking small bear (kleine beer in dutch, again, i don't know what the english name is), I searched the internets for an easy pic showing how:
big dipper and little dipper here in america, ursa major and ursa minor (ursa translates into bear, but we still use with dipper).

ah yeah i could also use the latin names

Back