What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanishing Point Filter Problem?

MCE

I ran a test of this filter by photographing a scene containing a picture postcard set at an angle to the camera. I then tried to use the VP filter to insert a scan of the postcard into the photo with perspective that matched what I had gotten when the actual postcard was in the scene. After many failures I came to the conclusion that once you slide the image onto the VP grid any size change in it screws up the perspective. When I backed out everything and adjusted the size before first sliding the image onto the grid I got a reasonable match. It may be that there is a way to constrain the size changes when working within the grid so that underlying aspect ratio is preserved.

I have not experienced the issue you describe. However, sometimes it's easier to render the grid into a blank layer and then transform the object to match the grid. Once done, you can reduce or increase the size of the object as necessary.
Add a blank layer first, with that layer selected open vanishing point. Create the grid, then click the drop-down in the upper left corner and select Render Grids to Photoshop.
Screenshot 2022-02-19 164045.jpg

Thanks. I'll try that. (Sometimes Render Grid to Photoshop is grayed out for reasons I can't discover.). Also I just tried again making the size adjustments inside the BP filter page. This time I dragged the image onto the grid and resized there while holding down the shift key. This seemed to work properly.

Back