What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Import Problems

epic_burrito11

I'm trying to make a cinemagraph with photoshop cs4. The video I want to use is in .mov format; does photoshop import that? I also tried it with .avi but every time I try to open it in photoshop it says "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". When I click <File> <Import>, there's no option for importing video. Is there something else I could do? I'm confused. :(

photoshop will only import video frames to layers in 32 bit mode uncompressed AVIs or quicktime movies. anyway I thought cinemagraphs were made in after effects in cs4 you can save it directly as a gif in after effects without having to import into photoshop to convert.

Yeah you're better off using after effects. It has a lot of similar adjustments tools to photoshop and applying it to the whole video beats doing it frame by fame, and if you only want them on certain frames you can do that too.

Back