What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wainscot Problem

Alexandria

I am trying to make a seamless wainscot panel but I keep getting those empty 1 px spaces. The lines are a pattern to make seamless and the background is a plain coulored texture. Can anyone help with sample, tutorials or explanation as to what I am doing wrong?

Capture.JPG
Help appreciated, thx :)

Taylor

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please post the original Wainscot image you are trying to use.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks! This will help with any experimentation that may be required to help you out!

Alexandria

This is for an online game. Any textures, other than the power of 2" sizes, automatically gets re-sized. Furthermore, the texturer is texturing a given 3D mesh wall. The 3D Mesh might have 10 faces to texture, hence it MUST BE seamless and MUST BE 256 x 256 PX

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
This may work for you... creating a custom pattern and then using the pattern-stamp tool.
  • Open a new photoshop file 512 pixels wide (the width of your wainscot attachment) and approximately 350 pixels high (this exact dimension is not important except that it needs to be large enough to leave a healthy border above and below the wainscot, as in the image below).
  • This new file needs to have a transparent background. This is critical.
  • Copy your wainscott sample onto this new file and delete the tan wall coloring, leaving only the wainscott pattern sitting on one transparent layer.
  • Your file should look like this:
1629479200685.png

• Save this as a custom pattern by going to Edit>Define Pattern.
  • Once you've saved the pattern, you can seamlessly paint it onto anything using the pattern-stamp tool.

Alexandria

That worked, doesn't leave a space when I join the 4 256 x 256 PX on a 2048 PX canvas, great! Thanks very much. On another note, I have been searching google on how to do wainscot and beadboard and also kitchen cabinet textures, with the indents and all ... but I don't seem to find anything, how would I word the search?

Rich54

Guru
I agree... you should search YouTube for photoshop Bevel & Emboss effects. Here's a tutorial showing effects on text, but instead of text you can apply the techniques to straight lines or rectangles to create woodworking effects.