What's new

WARNING LRG IMG First attempt at macro

Hatch

Hi all, picked up a new lens today. Very pleased with the lens. I can tell I will have some fun with this one. Please keep in mind...I am a rookie. Hope you like the photos. Hatch

Welles

Guru
Lovely photos, Hatch. :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

I love macro shots. Reality is made of the details. Its great to seem them up close and personal, so to speak. ;)

Hatch

Day 2 Macro

Thank you kindly. So much to learn! :perfect: This lens is a blast. The fly photos...ummm...YUCK! You do not want to know what they are feasting on. Lets just say... a certian animal left a present for me in my yard. [saywhat] NASTY! But cool looking images...well I hope any way.

Hatch

SCync

Power User
Just incredible shots. Good to see that you're having a good time with your new toy.
I'm really a bit photography-challenged (let's call it!), so it's a blast to see your results. Keep 'em coming. :}

sfm

Guru
Hi Hatch - I haven't been on the board for .......... years ;\
so you may have already said this but I am going to ask again... what camera and what lenses?
I like how you got up close and personal :perfect: they are very clear detailed images and puts my Olympus - or is it me ha ha ha to shame
sfm

Hatch

Thank you all for the great comments. I shot these with the Canon 20D and the Canon 100mm USM Macro. If anyone is in the market for a new digital... all I can say is...this camera is fantastic. Well worth the $$$ spent.

For the nasty fly photos I was about 4 inches away from Mt. Poo and for the little fly at the very end...maybe 2 inches. The little fly is only about 1/8th in size. So much to learn...but this is SOOO much fun.

If by luck I capture a few more i will post them. Thanks again all. Hatch

**3 more from this afternoon**

Hatch

Thanks Wells! It is cool to see how others view your images. One person might like the photo and the DOF... others beat you up over it. LOL I think the most important thing...is if I like it.

I am pleased you like it... not being and A**... so hard to convey emotion in type...well ..for me. I am pleased you like the photos. Lots of fun.

Here is a link to a community I joined if you are interested in a few more photos I have taken.

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=207280

Still learning and having fun.
Thanks again, Hatch

Erik

Guru
These are great. Me too, I love macro, and with digicams you really can come very close when you can crop part of a photo for displaying on the monitor.
I still have my bellows somewhere....if you oldtimers know what I'm talking about...