What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING LRG IMG First attempt at macro

Hatch

Hi all, picked up a new lens today. Very pleased with the lens. I can tell I will have some fun with this one. Please keep in mind...I am a rookie. Hope you like the photos. Hatch

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

theKeeper

Guru
ooo real nice detail/photos Hatch.
I like that lens a lot too, and i'm not even a photographer. :D :perfect:

Welles

Guru
Lovely photos, Hatch. :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

I love macro shots. Reality is made of the details. Its great to seem them up close and personal, so to speak. ;)

Hatch

Day 2 Macro

Thank you kindly. So much to learn! :perfect: This lens is a blast. The fly photos...ummm...YUCK! You do not want to know what they are feasting on. Lets just say... a certian animal left a present for me in my yard. [saywhat] NASTY! But cool looking images...well I hope any way.

Hatch

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

00010.jpg

SCync

Power User
Just incredible shots. Good to see that you're having a good time with your new toy.
I'm really a bit photography-challenged (let's call it!), so it's a blast to see your results. Keep 'em coming. :}

sfm

Guru
Hi Hatch - I haven't been on the board for .......... years ;\
so you may have already said this but I am going to ask again... what camera and what lenses?
I like how you got up close and personal :perfect: they are very clear detailed images and puts my Olympus - or is it me ha ha ha to shame
sfm

Hatch

Thank you all for the great comments. I shot these with the Canon 20D and the Canon 100mm USM Macro. If anyone is in the market for a new digital... all I can say is...this camera is fantastic. Well worth the $$$ spent.

For the nasty fly photos I was about 4 inches away from Mt. Poo and for the little fly at the very end...maybe 2 inches. The little fly is only about 1/8th in size. So much to learn...but this is SOOO much fun.

If by luck I capture a few more i will post them. Thanks again all. Hatch

**3 more from this afternoon**

00011.jpg

00012.jpg

00013.jpg

Hatch

Thanks Wells! It is cool to see how others view your images. One person might like the photo and the DOF... others beat you up over it. LOL I think the most important thing...is if I like it.

I am pleased you like it... not being and A**... so hard to convey emotion in type...well ..for me. I am pleased you like the photos. Lots of fun.

Here is a link to a community I joined if you are interested in a few more photos I have taken.

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=207280

Still learning and having fun.
Thanks again, Hatch

Erik

Guru
These are great. Me too, I love macro, and with digicams you really can come very close when you can crop part of a photo for displaying on the monitor.
I still have my bellows somewhere....if you oldtimers know what I'm talking about...