What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterbird

JeffK

Guru
I returned to PS about 2 years ago and have been self-learning. Been involving myself mostly in digital repairs but lately have been experimenting with composites. Sometimes it just starts with a single action and then builds from there. I don't often have a plan - it just develops as I go. Most, if not all, of my adventures are on Instagram ( @jeffkopito ) - but you don't get much discussion. Thought to post here to get some fresh views, ideas, and critique that will help me to move forward.

Here's the last I did that began with a curiosity about turning images to water:

hunningbird edited instagrram.jpg

Your thoughts and comments will be most appreciated!

- Jeff

Very cool creation!
The bird has a great 3D feeling, and to me it looks like it's made out of glass.
It's good to see some artistic work again in the forum.

Very cool creation!
The bird has a great 3D feeling, and to me it looks like it's made out of glass.
It's good to see some artistic work again in the forum.
Many thanks, Chris. It does have more of a glass/crystal look. When I got to that point, I stopped and it seemed "right". Have to play with this technique more.
- Jeff

Jeff, the image is fantastice to look at and the style is novel. It looks like it was etched on stained shower screen glass.

...about turning images to water:
But, since you mentioned water, I think if it were to look more like a water form - as in water is taking the form of the Kingfisher, you might want to add more water droplets where the action is. Larger droplets just below the wings and becoming smaller as they travel away and these beads of water could be in a pattern. Something like this?

Jeff, the image is fantastice to look at and the style is novel. It looks like it was etched on stained shower screen glass.
But, since you mentioned water, I think if it were to look more like a water form - as in water is taking the form of the Kingfisher, you might want to add more water droplets where the action is. Larger droplets just below the wings and becoming smaller as they travel away and these beads of water could be in a pattern. Something like this?
Many thanks for your encouraging comments! The image does have more of a crystal/glass look. I did try for the drops but I didn't have the exact brushes so went with the splash brushes I had. So maybe I shouldn't have called it Waterbird. :cheesygrin:
I'm going to work on this technique a bit more. It translates to so many different types of images and stories. And also look for those for those right brushes!
Thanks again!
- Jeff

Back