What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watermark and move tool problems - Please help before I pop!

linz226

Hi everyone,

I have not been using PS Elements 10 for long but had managed to create a watermark of my logo that I then saved as a layer or PSD file separately. This worked fine to begin with, I opened the file and the photo and just dragged it on and then could resize it and change the position and angle of the text using the 'grab points' on the box. However, yesterday I cam to do exactly the same thing and now the text is ridiculously small and won't re-size or move.

I have tried creating a new watermark from scratch but as soon as type the initial text and press the green tick, go to the move tool I can't resize it or move the text as I don't have any 'grab points' and the box won't move at all.

Please, please help, as it is driving me insane and must me down to a setting that i've inadvertently changed!:banghead:

Quite happy to do it, but can you give me an idea of how I do it and what you need to see specifically. Thanks for coming back so quick!

I can't seem to get psd files to load in via the tree symbol.

There is a padlock on background but not on text layer.

When layer is opened on on with wm in the font is big but when you add to to picture it's tiny and as I say won't select to re-size properly.

Compare the image size of your watermark and the image you want to add it into. Is your WM image a 72dpi and the new image resolution a lot bigger ? Are they in the same image mode (RGB,CMYK,indexed color)?

Compare the image size of your watermark and the image you want to add it into. Is your WM image a 72dpi and the new image resolution a lot bigger ? Are they in the same image mode (RGB,CMYK,indexed color)?

They are both 72 dpi or ppi according to the row of text just above 'Project Bin'. They are all in RGB/8.

Now when I put the wm layer on top of photo I can select the text and move it but have no way of making it bigger. When I do a new text I can resize the text box but the font stays the same size?

Thanks for helping

Back