What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wave for flag

If you just wanted a small amount of flag wave I would recommend looking up displacement map tutorials. However the image you have linked to will need quite a bit of "hand" work. I would suggest using something like the image you show as a reference and then perhaps splitting the flag in to different segments (each on its own layer) and then using free transform / warp to make the flag follow the lines you want.

Just out of interest what flag do you want to look like the one in the linked image?


yes i tried displacement method but the problem is i couldnt find a reference image like this one. as reference image i searched silk but they mostly look like this not similar to what i want

All a displacement map does is to distort the lines of an image based on a grey-scale value.

You could try to create your own reference image by taking the image you linked to and making a grey-scale image using a gradient fill to create the contours that you want. Then to use this as a displacement map. If you go down this route the advantage is that the same map could be used for different flag images. If you only have one flag to change I would probably go down the route of using Free transform and warp.


Please let me know how you get on.


not working, i guess its not as easy as i thought.. considering thats an effect a real talented designer can do. if so im not very talented ill quit trying xD

if i could find a reference image as i wanted displace method is quite handy, can u try to find a reference image for me? maybe im looking wrong place.
thx colleague :)

did u make it? if possible can u send me png version without white bg?
Last edited: