What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patilamit

A website is a 24/7 salesman of your company. It is also the marketing brochure of your business. When first time visitors land on your website, you only have around 5 seconds to give them a good impression. If your website cannot achieve this, they will leave and visit other sites.

Now, let me share with you 7 tips to help you build a good website:
1. Your website must be simple, clean and professional. When your website is professional and clean, it reflects well on your company. Your website should be easy to navigate and provides information that visitors want to read.

2. Do not give your visitors trouble navigating through your site. When visitors find it hard to find what they want, you need to change your navigation bar. The navigation bar should be displayed prominently on the page.

3. Choose the right color. If you want to excite your visitors, choose a vibrant color. If you want to present a professional and slick look, choose something light.

4. Place all important information on the top of the home page. You only have 5 seconds to tell the visitors what your website is about. So remember to present all important information to the visitors as soon as possible.

5. Display graphics prominently. Graphics can grab visitors' attention easily. Therefore, you should display graphics prominently on your page.

6. Your website should have an unique branding and USP. By having an unique branding and USP, you will stand out from your competitors. Sometimes, people purchase a product or service based on brands. A good website branding can bring your business further. Also, make sure that you keep the brand consistent throughout the site.

7. Place important call-to-action statements on your website. You need to prompt your website visitors to take a particular action such as purchasing a product or service. So make use of colors and bolding to make important words stand out.

Here's an additional tip for you. Before you make your website live on the Internet, remember to test it across different browser platforms. This is to make sure that your website displays correctly across various browsers.

Last but not least, if you are not the designer, make sure that you work closely with the designer. Give him or her a few reference sites to follow. This will ensure that the both of you are aligned towards the same goal.

3magic

Hi,thanks for providing the information regarding to web design tips here.Really nice tips are provided by you and useful for me also.I also want to create a website and wants to give it more attractive look.

Carson

Power User
Good tips, could use elaboration for some users that quite don't understand as much as others.

Anna Hussie

Displaying the graphics in prominently is the best tip which i have got from here.I knew this but did not realize when i made some templates.

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
Good tips, could use elaboration for some users that quite don't understand as much as others.

Did you happen to notice the date this was originally posted" (08-20-2010) I doubt seriously if he/she is going to reply to your request. :shocked:

iDad

Guru
this thread is a spam magnet
posted 08-20-2010 it can be read but no more bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.