What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do you think?

dalluhz

this was one of my assignments from school that i did a while back. we were given a verb and we had to make the word do its action for example if the word is "shiver" we had to make the word look like its shivering. the word i was assigned was "bleed" so i decided to make a picture bleed its color. i got the image from google. i just duplicated the layer and applied the "find edges" filter to the duplicate, then i saturated it so it can make a black and white outline of the image. i then applied a layer mask so that it shows the top part and other little bits of the original image. last but not least i applied some "bevel and emboss" to the layer mask so that it has that drippy effect.

Attachments

• Posada-bleed.jpg
    Posada-bleed.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Nice work, dalluhz. Only suggestion would be to look into a few tutorials on shading and highlighting for the drips. Creating a Bevel in photoshop has a very limited scope when trying to create highlights. You'll find a ton of great tutorials if you look for "Website Buttons" or "Reflective Buttons", as they often use nice highlights.

The Find Edges Filter can create some pretty interesting results. I was toying around with the same filter in After Effects not long ago. You can check out my results on youtube. Can't post a link, but you can put this into after youtube.com to find it, for anyone interested.

/watch?v=9m0KkJg55EY

Hi,

Yeah I see where you where going with this! the bleeding of the color is alrightmaybe as mentioned could do with more highlighting! maybe throw in a bit of a red tinge to it!

As for the BLEED text! Not doing it for me I'm affraid! Its just not shivering! Just looks like a very poor resolution font (pixelated) Just my opinion though so dont get disheartend and play about with it thats the best way to learn!

chris

thanks for the constructive criticisms they are highly appreciated. josiah i see what you mean about the shading and highlights. i will definitely look at tutorials to improve my shades and highlights.

@kellster i wasn't trying to make the word shiver. i was using shivering as an example to help the viewers understand my assignment. here is what i said.
for example if the word is "shiver" we had to make the word look like its shivering. the word i was assigned was "bleed" so i decided to make a picture bleed its color.

wow, nice sharing and I was toying around with the same filter in After Effects not long ago. You can check out my results on youtube. Can't post a link, but you can put this into after youtube.com to find it, for anyone interested.

Back