What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is the best mouse for photoshop

egosbar

Guru
just wondering what the best mouse is for ps , im looking at around 100 at the most but only if there is something sensational about it , ease of brush size and hardnesss controls is a must , also the mouse to sense a straight line

not interested in wireless , never been a fan too laggy at times

the rest of my shortcuts can be programmed to it

post your mouse shortcuts you use if you use any

im actually surprised there isnt a dedicated ps mouse on the market that is already programmed

If you want to buy mouse just for Photoshop then I suggest you to go for Wacom tablet. Forget about mouse. Wacom tablets are basically built for Photoshop. You can also use "Pen Pressure" when you use Wacom tablets.

www.tricky-photoshop.com

I thought you had a tablet. Maybe you can function in PS with a mouse but not me. My advice to you is to put a few more bucks with it and get a Wacom Bamboo if you don't have a tablet.

For Pete's sake Evil, he's running $600.00 (or more) software plus probably hundreds of dollars of hardware and he has already said he had a hundred. I have a large Wacom Bamboo that I paid less than $200 for. I still contend the tablet is the way to go unless your hand shakes too much to use it. (this assumes he does not have an aversion to a tablet from prior experience). To each his own, I think most serious graphics people use tablets.
not everyone can afford wacom tablets ... found this thread :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4207576

might be useful for you !

Sometimes the expense of the software is the priority and spending anymore may be over the budget. A good goal to have though, I agree. Interesting to hear that a tablet is harder to use with shaky fingers.

ive never used a tablet , my dad has one and he didnt like it and hes been using photoshop since csc2 i think , when i get there next ill be sure to try it out , money isnt a real problem just didnt want too pay a lot for a mouse a gamer would get more benefit from then a photoshopper

ok then any advice on tablets up to 400 dollars, illl test one out next time i can

Yes he can. One of the smaller ones. They probably work just fine too. I have a touch model (which is actually worthless) and a wireless module which I think was extra (again, pretty much a waste of money unless your doing remote presentations etc and need to walk around the room with it.)
He can buy a Wacom Bamboo for less that $100.

Hey hey...your not a candidate for the' shaky hand problem are you..I mean,,if my hand don't ssssshake..yyyyours shouldn't eitherrr. :lol:
Sometimes the expense of the software is the priority and spending anymore may be over the budget. A good goal to have though, I agree. Interesting to hear that a tablet is harder to use with shaky fingers.

My 2 cents...I have 3 different mice and a couple of trackballs...they work OK...but I have to agree about the Wacom Bamboo tablet.

I picked one up after talking to a number of PS users, hands down the "tablet" was the pick...Wacom did come up after. I found tablets and a "pen" mouse from 35.00 to about 125.00.

I then noticed that a number of tuts I bookmarked....used a Wacom and I spent the 175.00 and got the large Bamboo...w/o the wireless adaptor shipped to my home....I will add here I have CS5.5 extended, I got the student price of 199.00...SO I paid as much for the tablet as I did for PS.

The 175.00 was the best dollars I have spent in 15 + years with computers.

After a couple of hours playing with the new tool and SETTING YOUR PREFERENCES

You too will wonder how did you use PS without. Your masking and pen skills should move up a notch or two...quickly.

If you really want a "mouse" try a trackball...I have 2 different logitech balls, both with 4 buttons ...I still want my Bamboo.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...=c&geo_id=10232&keyword=bamboo+cth-670&crdt=0

Last edited:
Dang,,,I thought my eye sight had finally gone Mc ...whewwww.

Like any tool you choose, practice will make the use of easier and more effective, horses for courses and all that.
There are some brilliant artists out there using only basic tools/peripherals and creating mind blowing images.

Are u one of those?
Like any tool you choose, practice will make the use of easier and more effective, horses for courses and all that.
There are some brilliant artists out there using only basic tools/peripherals and creating mind blowing images.

Probably 90% of all my images in whatever style/effect are done with the mouse that came with my computer.
Why the sarcasm?

Not being sarcastic..was actually a complement. Was curious if u actually used the basic tools you speak of or were you being a hippocrit and have all the gadgets out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back