What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What steps to take? Need help.

Kelvin Glover

I am trying to make a icon like this one (listed below) but I do not know where to start start. If someone can tell me the step or give me a link to a tut for it that will help.(want to do the work myself)

example.PNG

The shape you can do with the rounded rectangle then an inner glow layer style.

Could I recomend you use Adobe Illustrator, or get really good at using the pen tool. Icon and logo creation is all well and good in raster format, but they are always best done in vector.

I already done it in Photoshop.( Finish product below)
Dottie_Den_donate_now.png

Just took 2 steps in Photoshop and I use a grudge brush to make to background "pop" a bit.

Hi,

I think you'll going to have 4 layers to do this,
1. Button Like layer
2. Ribbon Layer - Put the Ribbon Layer image in here
3. Grunge Style Layer - Put the Grunge image here
4. Text Layer for that Donate Now Text

The Simplest step that I can think are like this
1. Create the button layer, put the button layer at the bottom of the other layer, you can create this layer by using Rectangle Tool (U)
2. Put layer style on it, from what I see, you can do it just like hawkeye said, alternatively the layer style can be achieved by using Outer Shadow for the glowing grey, Stroke put it 1 and inside, Inner Glow for the subtle White stroke inside the button after the previous real stroke style, and Inner shadow to create noisy gradient inside the button.
3. Put the 2 Images layer above the button layer, and make them inside the button by using select tool, press alt at the between layer separator.
4. Do the same for the text layer and put it on top of the others.

Back