What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White lines after copy/paste

busybody

Hey!

I have annoying white lines when I copy/paste layers. As seen on picture. 1st picture I copy and clear selection. 2nd picture Paste In Place and here they are :mad2: Where this edge is coming from and how to make clean paste? Is it just my problem, no one else has it?

I have CS5 with fresh 12.0.3 update (had same problem with 12.0). Intel HD graphics. Tried with OpenGL on/off. PLEASE HELP!

white.jpg

Last edited:
Could be that your background is locked. To unlock it, double click in the layer panel background and it will ask you to name the layer. I usually just hit enter.

Not sure what you are coping and pasting a white marquee circle over the emblem. Just not sure what you plan to do with it. Maybe there is another way to get the results you seek.

what you can do is make your selection>save selection then paste
not copy selection that should help>see drop down right click selection

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Photoshop acts like you used a pair of scissors when you cut and paste. The cut out is physically smaller, but not much.

Best bet is to use transform and enter the H&W % values manually on the top tool bar. It doesn't take much to fill the little gap, try entering something like 100.30 % for both the height and width to start.

The way I said leaves not work, much faster

The way I said leaves not work, much faster

It appears he is cutting and pasting, at least on the screenshot. Try it yourself, cut out a circle, paste into a new layer and try to move to fill the hole completely.

I got it to do that on my test, but I'm just not understanding why he is cutting and pasting in the first place.

I know but the way I suggested doesn't leave the lines

iDad's right.... happens to me at times.....

I work around it..... Make the selection .... selection feather at 1......... this will eliminate the white line.

Last edited:
what you can do is make your selection>save selection then paste
not copy selection that should help>see drop down right click selection

Thanks! Saved selection, but where do I paste it from??? Sorry, didn't get it.

Last edited:
I mark selection, then right mouse click > save selection. And then ctrl+v? It doesn't work. I dont have anything to paste! Also if I go through Edit, Paste option is not active.

Believe it or not, Photoshop acts like you used a pair of scissors when you cut and paste. The cut out is physically smaller, but not much.

Best bet is to use transform and enter the H&W % values manually on the top tool bar. It doesn't take much to fill the little gap, try entering something like 100.30 % for both the height and width to start.

Best solution so far, BUT.. I had to use 100.70% transform scale to totally dissolve white line perfectly visible on black background. Outcome you see on picture: N and S are transformed and there is still white line visible at closer look...

STILL LOOKING FOR SOLUTION! PLEASE HELP!

Unti.jpg

I guess we are just not understanding your problem. We all agree on the solutions we've given you, but the problem still exists. Your last screenshot, I don't even see any white lines. Although that migt be because I'm at work.

Back