What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why isn't the drawing i have traced saving?

MIKATUO

Hiya. I am going mad! Have tried endlessly to save a copy of the flower that I have traced using the photoshop pen which along with the name of the company is meant to form part of a logo. I created it in a new layer. Have tried merging the layers (using MERGE VISIBLE), have tried creating a 'New Group from Layers' and then saving. Every time though that I shut down and then re-open, only the text is visible. Please can someone put me out of misery and tell me what I doing wrong or what I need to do!!!

Many thanks

Kat

First thing I would do is check the mode the flower picture is in. It needs to be changed to RGB. If it already is RGB, then I would tend to think it is your system. Image/Mode/RGB ....then trace it and create a new layer as you have done.

Thanks Char. It is in RGB. I have starting again doing just quick scribbles with the pen and then trying to save but again it just is disappearing each time whilst any text is fine. So frustrating. I am nearing the end of a 30 day photoshop trial so don't if that might be part of it also. Anyway thanks for your advice. K

Okay, that was only one thing to check. I'm not sure about the 30 day trial problems, never tried that, so you could be correct about that.

You could also check if both files are 8-bit, etc. That would be in the same place as the RGB setting, further down the menu.

If you are using the pen tool it creates a path which resides in the path palette. Unless you fill or stroke it, it will only be visible when it's selected. Look in the paths palette.

Back