What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolf Walk: work in progress

ibclare

Queen Bee
I honestly don't know if this is finished or not. Time to put it away for awhile and let it age (while I do the same).

Drejs would smirk; I've only been at this for 3 days (well not 8 hrs/day) and I've only got 34 layers. Of course some of those already have merged adj layers and multiply layers and so forth. LOL.

I hope you enjoy it and give me your feedback. I am open to admiration (ha! who isn't?) and critique, presuming it is constructive.

Lately, I have seen some -- very little thank goodness and no reflection on this forum -- empty, useless, and insulting critique given. So I ask that you knuckleheads if you're out there go away and let the serious commentary prevail!
:devilish:

Attachments

• FromUpTheHill.jpg
    FromUpTheHill.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Meant to post the components that I used. Most of the images are from the deviant art site, excellent source of images, many pretty high res.

The white wolf and the wolf head are png's I made with the pen tool (my new friend).

Attachments

• Wolf_Walk_components.jpg
    Wolf_Walk_components.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
I think there are too many wolves under the arch. They seem as if they are jammed in. Maybe remove one of them to open it up a bit.

Nice mix of colours and light mate, i agree with boofy - it does look crowded at the arch.
P.S. the pen tool is the most powerful tool in the box (in my opinion).

I think there are too many wolves under the arch. They seem as if they are jammed in. Maybe remove one of them to open it up a bit.

Thanks Boofy. I appreciate your thoughts. I like the group of 4 but I have tried playing around with the idea: made it 3 wolves, made the 4 smaller, flipped the group, lightened and colored some of the bricks of the wall next to the black wolf . . . So, still working on it. Eventually I'll post a "final" result :D.

Nice mix of colours and light mate,

Thanks you Paul

P.S. the pen tool is the most powerful tool in the box (in my opinion).

No argument there.

I hope you enjoy it and give me your feedback. I am open to admiration (ha! who isn't?) and critique, presuming it is constructive.

Lately, I have seen some -- very little thank goodness and no reflection on this forum -- empty, useless, and insulting critique given. So I ask that you knuckleheads if you're out there go away and let the serious commentary prevail!

Thankfully Clare, the world spins the same for all of us, just that some feel the need to try and put a different spin on it.
I see critique as a useful tool, it gauges how people perceive my work, it also tells me that some who bother to critique are just jealous and say horrid or stupid things because they are not at that level yet, silly really because we are all learning.

Very cool composite picture - different and interesting. My only suggestion would be to add some texture to the green border area - something light and not too busy.

Agent

try a few things, but I am thinking a grungy metal or paper texture would look good. Subtle, though, at, like, 50% opacity or less.

Agent

your pic is amazing and prefect.

i think that pic should be like it , no changes ..

thnx :)

OK agent, it seems you're my art instructor for the term! Here's a textured BG. It isn't as minimal as you suggested so let me know what you think please
:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Wolf_Walk_textured.jpg
    Wolf_Walk_textured.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Love it, the jammed lot in the arch makes it even better....makes it look like they're competing for the Holy Virgin in white :D

the one thing that bothered me is the wolf in the top window. I mean not in the "remove it" sense, I think it's great, but when I saw the image the first time it looked like one of those deer-head mantle pieces. I think there needs to be a bit more shading to show that he is protruding out of something. If that makes sense. Otherwise....love it. great job!

Thanks Pepperbel, I'm glad you like it. Eww, I can see your point about the trophy on the wall. Yuck, not the idea at all! It is shaded, but I will look at making it more obvious that it's one of the townsfolk checking out the evening rovers, lol. Maybe if I make the window ledge brighter. I'm not sure the shadows should go deeper, maybe they could slant a bit lower. I'll open it in PS and see.

Back