What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work

What do you do?

• Full Time professional within image industry

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Work a normal 9/5 job

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • school/college student

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • retired

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Just doing it for kicks/hobby

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
:rofl:... I keelU you later:rofl:

Put the lime in the coconut.....drinkit all up!:cool2:

I take that as an insult to the entire retirement community, if you payed your dues and you're retired you'd know the difference between retired and stay at home slobs. A little thinking on you're end young lAdy and the confusion, clears.

:rofl:
Sorry Dad. I have all the respect in the world for the retirement community, slobs or otherwise, lol. I'm just a self-deprecating individial.

I served my time. 23 years as a registered respiratory therapist, eventually manager and supervisor. I worked for a number of years as a massage therapist. I don't recommend it as a career late in life. I have more aches and pains now than my age warrants.

I am retired from it all now. And like many others, a Photoshop Junkie! I don't rely on it for income; I'm a certified PS hobbyist, and I love it. I have no intention of looking for nor starting a 12 step program. As you said, there are far worse addictions and I have some of them. Photoshop is a great distraction from worse activities!

OK, enough thinking; I'm getting a migraine . . . :eek: :mrgreen:

There's no need to apologize I just figured that at your age a spanking :naughty: may be welcomed. :rofl:.............Aches and pains come with the territory,I know the drill :banghead:

Qualifed graphic gesigner, 7 years total experience, 5 years working. Mainly do social media branding, branding start-up businesses, some marketing and advertising work, and web design. Moving into UX design soon as I love apps, but most of my complex PS projects are personal art pieces, as PS is mainly used in advertising these days, and most advertising firms have in-house retouchers. Also have a passion for video production/editing for web commercials, and believe this is a great way for clients who can't afford representation on tv, to have a cost-effective video commercial.

Want to start my own neo-tech focused design studio in the next two years, collaborating with other designers and a few programmers.

IT manager here.
I find a huge portion of digital Photography enthusiasts are IT professionals. Probably has something to do with the combination of technology and an artistic outlet that we don't usually have in our "day lives".

It's interesting to me how Photoshop is so much more to most people than just a tool. People use it for pure fun and artistic expression, retired or not.
Which makes me wonder what keeps the retired and hobbyists from making money from that fun. Is it the hassle of finding clients (i.e. setting up a website, advertising etc), or just no need / desire to do so?

Back