What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blackystrat

Hello guys

Please find attached a sample PNG file of 'Sample Text'. I have done a distress/ transparent effect using a soft brush (dissolve) and then removing the blackest part of the final image with the wand tool.

The purpose of doing this is to create semi transparent text where the background color would also show up within the bottom half of the text.

My concern is whether this kind of effect would print well on t-shirts. I understand that elements that blend into the background don't print well (especially on darker fabrics) and so was wondering if this sample effect would also fall under the same category (blending into the background)

I tried using halftones for similar effect, but couldn't make it transparent so that the background color shows up.

Please advise

Thanks

demo-transparent-text.png

This might be a better question for someone in the printing business.

However, this is how it will appear on fabric.
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 11.39.49 AM.png

With the white background text, the stippling will not be transparent.

But if you remove the white text, you will get something like this....
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 11.43.18 AM.png

I don't think it will print well enough to be legible.

Agree with @IamSam about giving your gradiated image a background because your gradiated tones will have something to be printed on and not directly onto the fabric, therefore reducing the chances of those little ink spots from getting nicked or whittled away during laundry and years of use. :)

Back