What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another question, what effect is this?

postrm

I've another question, I have a plain blue background but I'd like to have the effect that I've seen here - the lines in the background. I've checked all the filters but none of them did it
bg.jpg

fredfish

Guru
Re: What effect is this?

Nice one jerry

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can also use Pattern overlay from a layer style.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 8.48.12 AM.png

gedstar

Guru
You need to click where the first arrow is pointing and then on the cog for more options and select Web Patterns

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

postrm

Do you know this effect? I'm struggling to find it.

1509543072194.png

Last edited by a moderator:

postrm

The effect on top of the blue and white number, its like a finger print on the number and along the middle its like its been folded

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here is a quick way to create the effect. I'll let the layers panel image explain what I did. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
I did not add the fingerprints.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.04.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.05.40 AM.png

postrm

I managed to do the first part with the 92% opacity background but I can't work out how you did it for the text effect too. I have the number 5 in a separate layer, I've not used layer masks much so I'm not sure how you did that.

gedstar

Guru
Not sure if Sam done it like this, but you could hide the text layer and then CTRL + Click on that layers thumbnail to make the selection active then click on the Color Fill layer mask to select it and paint with black using a hard brush

Untitled.jpg

To create the finger print, add a new layer and select one to the brushes you downloaded, paint with black and change the blend mode to soft light and adjust the opacity to suit

Untitled1.jpg

Last edited: