What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see this effect applied all the time but I dont know how to do it!

starfishandroid

Hi everyone :)

Im sorry for being such a novice but I have a question about digital photo editing that I always wanted answered.
First let me start off by thanking all of you for lending your time and intelligence to help others like myself who wish to express themselves. Im am forever grateful.

Now on to the question, how exactly do I make my pictures all cartoony or painting like as in these examples?

photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

Im guessing the technique is similar to that of the Dragan effect, but im not sue. Besides maybe tinkering with the hard lighting, and some dodging ad burning I have no idea how artist achieve this. In the end my ultimate goal is to design mixtape covers such as these.
Mixtape photo.jpgmixtape photo 2.jpg
So if you have any advice on how to achieve any of these effects It would be very much appreciated! thank You!

Attachments

• mixtape photo 2.bmp
    468.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm guessing it's some good use of Topaz Lab filters...

Among other stuff like the mentioned dodges and burn, lighting. But I'm sure the cartoony look comes from Topaz.

Back