What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way to create this texture?

chrisatlemon

hi all,

1) First of all thanks again for the great help about changing colours of dresses and shoes for our online shop. This has worked great, I already have a good number of samples ready. Not perfection but good enough, you can see some samples here:

Index of /temp

Thanks!

2) My actual question. You will see that the above are all suede textures. (At least that's how they call it). Now all shoes exist in suede and leather. You can see the entire collection here:

Begoña Cervera | Shoes

As you can see there's only ever one suede or one letter photo, but never both for each shoe model. So I need to convert each suede model to leather and Each leather model to suede.

a) Leather to suede I have some ideas. Noise, gaussian blur, maybe the odd filter. I think I could get close, but If anyone has any great ideas I'm all ears ;)

b) Suede to leather, I could imagine this being close to impossible? I have no idea how I would go about this! Any ideas? Possible at all? Or Shall I just forget about it?

Thanks again!

Chris

create a .gif file one image suede one leather make it switch back and forth then stop with both side by side

Thanks for the reply iDad!

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow though. No problem creating a file with both or setting both side by side in an image. But then what's next?

Also, I don't have one of each. For each shoe model I only have either or, and I need to convert to the one I don't have...

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the pickup here ... :)

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
My mistake I thought I saw leather I guess you will need to ad a leather texture then do the .gif file.
search the internet for leather textures if you can do the suede you'll have no problem with leather

hi all,

b) Suede to leather, I could imagine this being close to impossible? I have no idea how I would go about this! Any ideas? Possible at all? Or Shall I just forget about it?

Thanks again!

Chris

Well I guess it's possible but I vote for "Just Forget it".
It's going to be a lot of work, a lot of trial and error and it may never look right.

Very nice iDad, I gues you used a texture overlay?

The thing I'm looking for are this kind of texture:

http://begonacervera.com/images/shoes/m08.jpg
http://begonacervera.com/images/shoes/m31.jpg

So smooth and shiny. And then I need to edit the colours as I did with all the suede samples in my original post.

Thanks again!

Chris

PS.: I saw your site, I don't want to abuse your craftsmanship. I'm happy to pay you for preparing some samples, PM me if you're interested.

sure I'm interested

hi all,

2) My actual question. You will see that the above are all suede textures. (At least that's how they call it). Now all shoes exist in suede and leather. You can see the entire collection here:

Begoña Cervera | Shoes

As you can see there's only ever one suede or one letter photo, but never both for each shoe model. So I need to convert each suede model to leather and Each leather model to suede.

a) Leather to suede I have some ideas. Noise, gaussian blur, maybe the odd filter. I think I could get close, but If anyone has any great ideas I'm all ears ;)

Thanks again!

Chris

Do you happen to have white shoe samples.... it's easier to apply a texture map or color over them and retain the seams and joints.

What I did was to create white and black "derivatives" (and some in between) because that made it easier to get some of the colours right:

http://flamencoymas.es/temp/m03-correa-suede-white..jpg

http://flamencoymas.es/temp/m03-correa-suede-black.jpg

I could have made it "whiter" but I wanted to keep the shadows and curves visible...

Is this what you meant?

Our problem is that most suppliers have no full catalogs because these are all tailored on demand. So we only ever get one or two images. Most other flamenco accessories shops just work with colour palette wheels or huge amounts of coluored thumb squares, but we fel that you can't really tell how a shoe or a dress will look from loooking at a 15 pixel solid color square ... so I suggested some creative photoshopping ;)

Cheers

Chris

seeing the samples it looks like vinyl to me not leather

Damn just gave it a shot thats a lot to get it where u need it A leather texture is easy but the smooth gloss look on that suede that tough and you're better of getting pictures of the real thing

Lizad is asking .... have you ever considered doing a Frankenstein on the shoes?.... Rediculous as it may seem, it's getting there..... lol....

This was shoe m06 with texture kitbashed from m08......

m06_dv.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, that actually looks pretty impressive! Questions:

1) how exactly did you go about this? (quick guess is you laid one over the other and then cut it to shape with pen tool?)
2) would that be feasible for all models? Also with the finer elements like straps etc?
3) Is it so complicated that it would not be worth my while?

and lastly:

4) Would you be interested in creating a complete sample for MO3 so I could add it to these:

http://flamencoymas.es/temp/m03-correa-pink.jpg etc?

(meaning the main shoe and the 3 thumbs bottom right)

Also keeping in mind that I will need to apply all the same colours as I did for the suede versions, so black may not be the best background to start on ... or is that assumption simply not correct?

The latter would of course be contract work, I don't expect you to do that for free.

Let me know if interested ... and how you did this magic ;)

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot with the thumbnals but I can't guarantee the results til I figure how to pull it off.

I'm downloading your m03-correa psd to see if there would be elements there I could use and for you to use in case you want to try it.

I noticed all the shoes were taken with the same profile, I isolated shoe m08 on its own layer and saved as a psd. I'd select parts and drag it into 03. These I'd position in place.... say - the joint between the heels was an almost perfect fit. Others like the toe I had to make 2 copies of the toe , use the transform tool to rotate or distort pieces in place. Certain areas, I used the clone stamp to add hilites, cover black areas.

All in all .... a lot of layers. Now I have to figure out how to do the buckle and strap areas. Probably take parts from other shoes, change the color and fit in place. I'll have to experiment.

Sure ... I'll give it a go.... may take a while tho.... I've got an appointment later in the evening and can only get to this late tonite....

Last edited:
OK.... first time I took a good look at the thumbnails.... I think it can be done....

I'm having a slow download connection today .... its gonna take forever to see your index.... what colors do you need for the leather shoes? You mentioned you will need to apply all the same colours as you did for the suede versions.... pink, red , beige , brown and white leather colors? And the suede models with designs .... also in leather?

Last edited:
Hi, yes you got the colours right, same as the samples in my temp directory. In fact I can probably do the colours myself if i just have one sample.

So at the moment i would only need the 03 model in leather in one colour with possibility to add more colours. Then i can take it from there and then we can see if we really want to go through this for all shoes.

And please let me know how much of your time this takes so I can remunerate you accordingly.

Thanks!

Chris

Back