What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding fonts, help needed as soon as possible, greatly appreciated!

Stellartwist

I'm really sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I usually don't use forums but I made an account specifically to ask this question, because I have a large project due in 2 weeks, and there's this one little thing that really bugs me.

http://i51.tinypic.com/98danm.png

I want the font in the photoshop window to look like the font in the microsoft word window. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly, I've tried the international A4 page, and default photoshop page dimensions, but neither of them makes the text look the way I want it to.

Yes, I know this might seem extremely trivial, and not even worth responding to, lol, but I'm relatively young and inexperienced with photoshop, so this would really help me.

If you have any suggestions or feedback at all, it'll be greatly appreciated. This is not essential to me getting a good mark or anything, it's just really bugging me, and I'm a perfectionist (as most people would be themselves).

So thank you in advance!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't quite understand what you mean.....

You want to create an image in PS that simulates a WIN document......

now..... don't base what the font will look like in the preview. Commit it and see what happens......

Stellartwist

I'm sorry, I don't exactly understand.

What do you mean by commit? ... :s

If you mean click outside the box and let it adjust, I did, and it looks identical

Stellartwist

(Identical to what it looked like previously, it still doesn't look the same as in the microsoft word document)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Try the font anti-alias settings in the menu....

Then again.... it may be in the way PS displays the font.... different from WIN...... In cases like these, I do a test save , import the image into WIN and see the difference. OR print out a PS image and compare with a WIN printout...

Hope this helps.....