What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Content Aware Scale or ?

mdavis501

I have an image in which the model's foot touches the edge of the image. The actual shoe is not complete.....pixels (very few, but some) of the shoe merge into the right frame of the image. I wish to add canvas to the right hand side such that the shoe is not touching the right hand side of the frame. It's too tight.
If I use content aware scale, it sales the shoe into some looooonnnnnnng shoe, unrealistic and not usable. Is there any way in which I can add canvas to the right hand side and have the model's shoe not butt up to the edge of the frame?B27I1427@0,75x.jpg

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Make a duplicate of your image.

Use the crop tool to expand the canvas to the right.
Use the Rectangular Marquis Tool to make a thin selection on the right side.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.00.18 AM.png

Be sure and not to include the toes.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.00.41 AM.png

Withe selection still active, Hit Cmd/Cntrl + T to enter Free Transform.
Extend the right edge out slightly, hit the checkmark or enter to accept the state change. Hit Cmd/Cntrl + D to deselect.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.02.29 AM.png

Now grab your Pen Tool set to path and make an approximate selection of the shoe sole outline.
Right click and choose make a selection.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.11.00 AM.png

Now grab the Clone Stamp Tool.
Create and work on a new layer. Carefully fill in the edge.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.13.49 AM.png

Cmd/Cntrl + D to deselect.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.14.20 AM.png

Then use the Crop Tool to clean up the right edge.
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.15.41 AM.png

You can still use the Content aware scale and then use the Pen Tool and Clone Stamp Tool to clean up the shoe sole.

I am so very appreciative that you would take the time to answer and to provide step by step instructions. I will try this on my own.
Regards, Mike

You can still use the Content aware scale and then use the Pen Tool and Clone Stamp Tool to clean up the shoe sole.

So, when I attempt to follow the very first step of your step by step guidance, and use the crop tool to expand the canvas, I get a transparant layer, not a colored layer. So, difficult to follow the rest, since the first step doesn't work.
Regards,
Mike

I realize that my total inability to use the pen tool, completely eliminates my ability to duplicate what you did here.

So, when I attempt to follow the very first step of your step by step guidance, and use the crop tool to expand the canvas, I get a transparant layer, not a colored layer. So, difficult to follow the rest, since the first step doesn't work.
MIke, it's supposed to be transparent. I just gave it the goldish background so you could see what I was doing.

I realize that my total inability to use the pen tool, completely eliminates my ability to duplicate what you did here.
Then use the Polygonal Lasso Tool. Make very short clicks to form the curve.

Back