What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge week 14

Paul

Former Member
First off a big thanks to FENIX for the last challenge, i think we all enjoyed it:)

This weeks challenge is from me as others are busy and thats fine, it's not compulsary - just a bit of fun guys, maybe next time?

This week i would like us to all try the photo booth film strip tut, you can put what ever you want on the film strip - just keep it clean or Steve will slap you:p
I found it on Youtube and it's from one of my favourite tube tutors out there:)

So come on lets all have a go, new starters here and the old guard ALL ARE WELCOME;)

fenix

Guru
Seem fun!

Vafann

Guru
Cool Paul! This one looks like fun and fairly easy, I have still been afraid to even start last weeks challenge, though I will go back to it someday when I can afford to be really frustrated lol. :)

I want to thank Fenix for last week, it was a really good challenge, but a bit too much for me at the moment. :)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
what Vafann said, i'm just sorry i didn't participate more failing to find any motivation these days :p i'll try this one out :D

Hoogle

Guru
haha Photo Gavin I went on a training course with him lol he is actually a very good photographer I think he does a series on youtube called the 10 min challenge where he goes to a location for 10 mins and takes as many decent pics as possible. He is also the person that taught me the creative portrait where you take several pictures of yourself in the same scene and merge them together.

Paul

Former Member
He is good at it though ain't he, so how about doing the challenge this week then H?

Hoogle

Guru
I am studying other software at the moment only come on here for 10 min breaks I may throw a quick 1 in later on in the week for fun. you wouldnt believe it BUt I am still working on that guys pic with 6 pack.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Ah, so that's how you did it. You remember I asked you to share the method. So I'm glad for the challenge this week.

And from me too, thank you fenix for giving us such a swingin' challenge. At first I thought yuo were just tuggin' on my ropes and it had me all tied in knots inside. I just wanted to hang it up. But I managed to swing it and now I don't have to pull any strings to get the job done!

Paul

Former Member
Very nicely done, the back ground helps too.

fenix

Guru
Ah, so that's how you did it. You remember I asked you to share the method. So I'm glad for the challenge this week.

And from me too, thank you fenix for giving us such a swingin' challenge. At first I thought yuo were just tuggin' on my ropes and it had me all tied in knots inside. I just wanted to hang it up. But I managed to swing it and now I don't have to pull any strings to get the job done!

You did a great job Clare and I know that Paul could verify what I´m saying here.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm going to see how this looks. I'm not sure if the photo strip will show up . . . :mrgreen:

Does anyone know how to reset the shear filter. I messed up on the first attempt and had to play with extra points and there's no default button . . .

Attachments

• filmstrip_on_table.jpg
    filmstrip_on_table.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
I don't think you can reset, but why not 'step back'?
Nice image Clare.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks Paul. That may have worked for all I know. Too late! I opened a different doc and went to apply the shear filter and the settings were the same. Once I closed and reopened Photoshop they were reset. I've known they stayed the same during the same document which I often find useful if I decide to apply the same filter. But most of those are easy to reset since they're numerical controls. Anyway, now I know.

Paul

Former Member
As long as the file/image is open it will use that setting again, to use as a new reset tool you would need to close that image file and start a fresh. Or use the step back feature to undo steps.