What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to make a morning/orangy/evening overlay effect

Raeki

Hi, I am trying to add the orangy-morning/evening overlay to an image.

I have a high resolution version of this image Alpine-Pond-Gunnison-National-Forest-Colorado.jpg
and I'm trying to add an orangy overlay so it looks like the morning/evening, so it looks like the third image below (Making a high resolution version of it).

I've tried playing around with hue and saturation without much success. If anyone could help me with this it'd be great. Thanks

earthclock_1.jpg

The bottom one looks pretty good. Do you only want the color in the sky and water? or what?

Agent

Raeki

The bottom one looks pretty good. Do you only want the color in the sky and water? or what?

Agent

I have the first two pictures (well the source; adding the yellow sun is relatively easy). I'm trying to add effects to it so that it looks like the last picture.

Is that your photo? It is a beautiful picture.

Haha unfortunately not - but I love it which is why I want to use it.

There are going to be 24 pictures with the sun or moon at the hour position, and I also want the atmosphere to reflect the time (darker for night, brighter at day, and morning/evening tint).