What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In between challenge for fun

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Let us keep this thread open until Ged's challenge #44 starts on december first.

From then everybody should focus on the new challenge #44!

I'm undoubtedly planning to launch another 'inbetween' challenge after closing the submission period #44.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
'Yo man, could you please ask those chimps to set back the pins? I'm close to a perfect game...'

Animal%20Kingdom%2005_%20Bowling%20-%20Gnoe.jpg

The last one before Ged's #44 challenge tomorrow.

Can't wait to see what he came up with.

Last edited:

sc00t

Abandoned-hospitals-orangutan.jpg
I know this is over but I have only just had chance to have a go. Sorry!

I would love feedback/tips on how to improve my lighting on this one, I feel like the Orangutan doesn't fit and I don't know how to make it more realistic :(

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Hi Sc00t, for me the mayor problem is not the light, i think dont fit because the diference in the quality and focus between the two images.

Cheers!

sc00t

Cheers Argos, I presume that is just a case of looking more closely for photos that are gunna fit the bill? It's a tough one to do for me that - how do you decide which is gunna fit with which after you've edited them?

Manipulation isn't my speciality, but it's a recent interest, so I wanna get into it some more.

Thanks again!
-sc00t

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I know this is over but I have only just had chance to have a go. Sorry!
I would love feedback/tips on how to improve my lighting on this one, I feel like the Orangutan doesn't fit and I don't know how to make it more realistic :(

Add an adjustment layer brighness/contrast to the ourang-outang and reduce the lightness full to -150
Now you can start working on highlighting the parts exposed to the light. In this case, from the back left and from the right side.
Since it is a mask make that active and with a soft brush at 50% and considering the anatomy of the animal brush away the dark part where the light should hit the animal
If the effect is not strong enough you can make the animal layer active and dodge gently the light parts

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Argos

Guru
The best option is always search for the image that fits better, looking for same quality and light, but you also can try to match the quality and light (eggy example) it's harder sometimes imposible, but it's more fun and it can be usefull in the future.

CHeers!