What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with a badly damaged photo of myself from 70's

1966mdk

Hello there :) this picture of me as a child was recently found in my parents loft in an old rover biscuit tin and looks rather sorry for itself,could anyone please fix this,it looks like a lot of hard work to be honest..
wish i had the skills myself to repair it but i'd probably just make it worse lmao
thankyou me-1976.jpgjust gotta love 70's clothing can't believe I wore them :D

1966mdk

omg thats fricken amazing excuse my french :D oh thankyou so much i didnt think anyone would tackle it being so very badly damaged and stained :D all i can say is wow i really appreciate it and thankyou again 10/10..... i'm blown away lol..

Last edited:

1966mdk

I still can't get over how damn good this looks,i had to re-reply just to say thankyou again,my parents are amazed :D ty for taking the time to fix it.

ZeroCool22

Banned
I still can't get over how damn good this looks,i had to re-reply just to say thankyou again,my parents are amazed :D ty for taking the time to fix it.

I'm glad you and your parents liked it.
N1LpTgp.gif

Rich54

Guru
For what it's worth, I love the original damaged photo. By pure luck, the "damage" to me has resulted in great colors and moody distortion. I would remove the dark blue-ish line across the upper lip and then leave everything else as is. You could probably sell this "painting" here in New York for $1,000 and people would write to this forum dying to know how to achieve this masterly effect.

fredfish

Guru
For what it's worth, I love the original damaged photo. By pure luck, the "damage" to me has resulted in great colors and moody distortion. I would remove the dark blue-ish line across the upper lip and then leave everything else as is. You could probably sell this "painting" here in New York for $1,000 and people would write to this forum dying to know how to achieve this masterly effect.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that!!

FWIW I agree that the origional has certain evocative elements to it. But on the other hand I can understand the person for whom the memory rather than the art is more important (IE the OP) the conversion must have struck quite a few high notes - it was a great conversion IMHO.

Cheers

John

1966mdk

wow i suppose thats another way of looking at it :),the history of my life would probably blow your mind,and a child of that age should never have gone through what i did,but i'm still here to tell the tale :) and stronger for it too...
thankyou for your reply appreciate it :D i do get what ur saying rich54 its an unusual look lol,would love to have the hair a lot more blonde in the new picture cos thats how it was,but i cannot detract from the totally amazing job zerocool has done,im so grateful to him :D

ZeroCool22

Banned
wow i suppose thats another way of looking at it :),the history of my life would probably blow your mind,and a child of that age should never have gone through what i did,but i'm still here to tell the tale :) and stronger for it too...
thankyou for your reply appreciate it :D i do get what ur saying rich54 its an unusual look lol,would love to have the hair a lot more blonde in the new picture cos thats how it was,but i cannot detract from the totally amazing job zerocool has done,im so grateful to him :D

Lucky for you, i made a backup of a copy with original colors:
me restaurada4.jpg
So you have a 2nd alternative.

1966mdk

Thankyou very much looks much better blonde highlights lookin stronger,wish it was still that colour :p

Last edited: