What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rickster

I need a higher resolution of this exact wording. What i have now is to small to expand then becomes very pixelated.
The font is Dandeleon Vintage Demo. Exactly as shown here with the thick boarder as shown. riverbend original.png Something in the layers went bad. I think.
I do need stroke effect. Thick boarder as shown here.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Quick question...........Dandeleon Vintage has holes in it, do you want the holes or do you want the text filled in?

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.07.12 PM.png

ex_teacher

Guru
Since I have it, I'll post it. This doesn't have the blurred black outlined font and has the filled font with smoothed curves fat red outline. The font is original, in that it has the bumps and nooks of the actual font outline.

To be honest, I like the smoothed font of [illusion] (sp)

Riverbend Original_3- filled-noOutline-smoothedBkGrd.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was wanting it filled in. solid white. Did not know it had holes in that text..
Yes, we all anticipated that.

Illusions version is spectacular! It should be all you need.

Rickster

I know a bit of PS. Every once in a while i trip up and get frustrated. Not sure (Illusions version) new to me . Sounds amazing though.

ex_teacher

Guru
I did this over again a third time (and a forth) ... just because. This time I tried using a selection turned path and tried editing it. I gave up in frustration after the big' O'. Too many control points and too awkward to edit. I think I did something like this before with success by simplifying the curves when making the path. <SIGH> So I finally brought a big bitmap into a drawing package, traced using a loose fit and it was done with only a few minutes of editing. The fat red outline can be done a few ways and isn't a real problem. I finally have something that looks like yours after a lot of dancing.

How did you do this?

Rickster

Amazing. This is perfect. I up loaded this to my plotter. Its Flawless. I'm not sure if I kept at this , I believe I would need to abandon this project.
This was given to me from a business card . I scanned it, with some success , but not enough. Heavily pixilated. I need to take this text/ image original size 2 inches / and increase the size to
11 inches across. The text was interesting in my photo shop, it did have holes in it. I thought it was a flaw in the font upload. New to see this. I thought i would give it a try, but failed badly . You have created a very smooth perfect edge. Works fantastic on my plotter. Looks great. You have saved my upcoming week, and beyond.
I thank you so much for your time, talent and expertise. Rick