What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Banner Images Lose Their Quality

uneek78

I created the attached banner in Photoshop CS5. I can tell once I put the images in the banner that their quality wasn't retained. So by the time I import it into Dreamweaver it looks even worse once it's stretched. It's not horrible, but the quality of the original images is still lacking.
Chippers_Banner.jpg

Patricia0709

You should've made it with a bigger resolution (like 150 or 300) or size (in inches.) It is much easier to resize with HTML if the size is too big.

uneek78

Is that the same as the 'Image Size'? I set the image size to 1035x128. Is their somewhere else I should go and set something? I was never really sure what to set the size on originally. I googled a lot and everyone gives a different 'Image Size' to use when creating a banner.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Is that the same as the 'Image Size'? I set the image size to 1035x128. Is their somewhere else I should go and set something? I was never really sure what to set the size on originally. I googled a lot and everyone gives a different 'Image Size' to use when creating a banner.

Yes... and you have the dpi option (resolution)....

View attachment 3204