What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with photoshop "updating" then changing my fonts.

maxedoutmykarma

Hello !

I'm currently working on a project that uses Arial. However, EVERY TIME I open a file that has Arial (not bold, not italic, just regular Arial) text, I get the message "Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update those layers now?" I click no because otherwise it takes every instance of Arial regular in my file and changes it to some other font.

I tried creating a new file, with just Arial type to rule out any unknown characters in my text box... and I still get this same annoying error message.

The worst part is that in my current project I have to modify the colors of all the Arial text, which it will not let me do until I update the layers and then have to manually change the font back to Arial. I tried reinstalling Arial and that didn't change anything. I don't have this issue in Illustrator either.

I was hoping someone here might have a clue as to what is going on or any other ideas as to how I can fix this before I go mad? :banghead: LOL Thanks...
Ashley