What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It Just Me..? #6 CC 2015.5.1 Guide Glitch...

MrToM

Guru
The problem:

Using the 'Rotate View' tool (R) causes guides to erase themselves when zooming. :banghead:

It appears to be just from one end as the guides are removed from the same end regardless of rotation.

Here is what happens...

0:50 No Audio.

So...Is it just me?

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:
I tried myself and no problem...but hey its Adobe Photoshop, lets not forget... :cheesygrin:

Hey MrTom

No it's not just you, I can replicate it too

Zoomed in
guides.jpg

Zoomed out
guides1.jpg

Zoomed out even further
guides2.jpg

I noticed this happens as well when rotating with a Wacom Tablet!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys, very much appreciated.

@Eggy
Didn't know you used 2015.5.1, I thought you were a 2014 person like me? FWIW this doesn't happen in CC 2014 for me.

@gedstar
You seem to have it worse than myself! I don't get it as bad as your image #3.
Not sure what you mean about the Wacom tablet...do you mean it works fine if you use a mouse but using a Wacom pen on a Wacom tablet it causes the problem? (With or without Wacom drivers installed ???)

I've just removed and re-installed my Wacom drivers but nothing has changed...and using a mouse is no different.

It could be an Adobe + GFX card issue...a common problem, Adobe don't exactly have their finger on the pulse when it comes to newer hardware...( 'New' in Adobe terms is less than 15 years old)...yawn.

Hopefully more members will respond and I can either nail it down to an issue with Adobe and hardware, Adobe and installed drivers or Adobe and their software.

I guess I'm saying its an Adobe issue...nothing new there then! :rofl:

Thanks again guys.

Regards.
MrToM.

@Eggy
Didn't know you used 2015.5.1, I thought you were a 2014 person like me? FWIW this doesn't happen in CC 2014 for me.

When I pay for something I want everything that comes with it... even the occasionally flaws :biglaff:

...When I pay for something I want everything that comes with it... even the occasionally flaws...
I hear ya although I disagree with launching software that doesn't do what its supposed to...no matter how small...Adobe still has issues that are years old!

Getting back to the plot...so you use 2015.5.1 and do not have this problem?

Interesting...

Thanks again.

Regards.
MrToM.

Not sure what you mean about the Wacom tablet

I mean when you rotate the canvas using your fingers on the Wacom touch pad
The issue with the guides happens on version CC2015.1.2 as well

It would be interesting to see if it's just a Windows issue or does this happen on a MAC as well

Last edited:
2015.5.2!!!!

FFS.

Thanks.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS.
fingers on the Wacom tocuh pad
Ah, gotcha. I don't do finger painting but all info is good info, thank-you.

Last edited:
I use a GTX graphics card on my PC
Laptop has a Intel I5 6th gen processor with built in Graphics and it happens on the Laptop as well, so that would rule out it been just a GTX card issue!

Well at least it rules out just being me! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

Hi MrTom

I am using:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk:Macintosh HD
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Since Rotate View only works with the graphics processor that is suspect or the implementation or AMDs engine implementation of OpenGL

I too have problems and here are some salient observations for my system

I get shorted guide lines only when rotated (worst at 90 degrees)
It is very zoom dependent in Standard View mode
Shortening varies when the rotation is adjusted slightly off form 90 degree rotation
In my system the length of shortening seems related to the original window pixel dimensions in the vertical direction

Key discovery was that when I change from Standard Screen View to Full Screen mode with menu bar or just Full Screen mode, I have no issues with the guides

Clearly a bug yet hard to know what is from the graphcis card, OpenGL implementation, or Adobe code so no doubt harder for the Adobe engineer to replicate

Hope this helps and definitely put in a bug report. Let me know if I can be of any other help.

John Wheeler

Key discovery was that when I change from Standard Screen View to Full Screen mode with menu bar or just Full Screen mode, I have no issues with the guides

Yep changing the view does make a difference, also noticed that it only happens when you rotate more the 77 degrees 77 and below is fine 78 or more and the issue happens

77 degree rotation
Untitled.jpg

80 degree rotation
Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent!

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I didn't explore every scenario completely, one failure was enough to raise the question, so a big thanks for exploring the issue further.

I did try the different screen modes but nothing changed...maybe you got lucky with a MAC.

I agree that this is probably a genuine Adobe 'bug'.....as for reporting it.....I don't think I'll live long enough to see it being fixed. :biglaff:

Thanks again guys......tremendous help! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

I hear ya although I disagree with launching software that doesn't do what its supposed to...no matter how small...Adobe still has issues that are years old!
Getting back to the plot...so you use 2015.5.1 and do not have this problem?
Interesting...
Thanks again.
Regards.
MrToM.

In all the years of graphic or video processing I can't remember one piece of flawless software.
I use CorelDraw since version 3 and there were issues...

But in my case I do not use a tablet!

I do run Win7Pro on an Intel i7 4770K, MSI GTX660 2Gb, 32 Gb ram.

If you remember well I'm burning around 3,5 Gb ram mem with just Win7 running and I can't find a way to fix that!

Last edited:
Just for giggles I tried this whilst showing the 'Grid'....and guess what...?

It does the same thing!

Having said that, the 'Grid' has never been right since 2014 so its a problem that is just spreading.

Good old Adobe.

Regards.
MrToM.

Back