Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

Re: How to achieve these colors?

How to achieve these colors?-15977850_646136145511551_4902561048900814559_n-jpg not really :/ there's a huge difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.8%
    Achievements SuperstarPost GuruQualified to FreelanceAdvocate
    Awards Photoshop GuruPhotographer

Hey Vlado -

Yup, you were absolutely right. It was pretty obvious that the photographer uses some sort of extended source to light his subjects, but I was only looking at the photos on my phone so I didn't notice the unusual catchlights, and just assumed the light source was something conventional like an ordinary, small portable softbox. Now that I'm looking at the pix on my desktop machine, it's clear what's going on.

Now that the configuration of the light source is ruled out as a possible problem, with respect to the colors, are you talking about skin colors, the colors of the ambient illumination, or both.

Also, just so we are talking about the same thing, can I assume that the colors you want to emulate are like those in this specific photo:
    https://www.facebook.com/thelistduba...type=3&theater

BTW, I'm curious: Was your ring of LEDs a do-it-yourself project, like one of these:

http://www.diyphotography.net/wordpr...g-light-06.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...8.4.202.HboPHZ

or a commercial unit designed for photograpy, maybe something like this, except battery powered:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._light_19.html

One last question: If it was a DIY project, do you know the CRI (color rendering index) of the LEDs that you used?

Cheers,

Tom M

PS - Yes, if you can post the RAW file, as Argos requested, that would be great!

Guru
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.58%
    Achievements World FamousScript WriterConversation StarterQualified to Freelance
    Awards Challenge CreatorChallenge Winner

i used this one as reference (more similar on ambient, colors) but then i dont know what you mean by colours, maybe it's my bad english XD.

How to achieve these colors?-16113139_647990135326152_9120673721045386610_o-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

Tom - I already posted it, check above ;) It's absolutely self-made, literallly a childish ring for games with led lights on it. I dont know the cri, in the shop i just asked for some warm-white led lights Yea, im looking for these colors, i cant achieve neither the red, blue or the skin color, its drivin me crazy!
    Argos, u used pretty good reference, but your results are still far away from this :/

Guru
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.58%
    Achievements World FamousScript WriterConversation StarterQualified to Freelance

of course as i said in the example it was made in 3minuts only altering the exposition to see if you were looking for that effect, to match the photo you have the retouch and smotth the skin, lower the reds, fix ilumination problems, all i said before a lot of work. but you said you were looking for and effect to match the colours (tone) of the image, you cant match all of the above touching only the colours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

May be you are right, but im pretty sure its some kind of action, since you just cant single edit every image from the last night.

Guru
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.58%

Plastic skin direct from camera?

8. Likes Tom Mann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.8%
    Achievements SuperstarPost GuruQualified to FreelanceAdvocate
    Awards Photoshop GuruPhotographer

FWIW, here's what I got after 15 min of work. I didn't have any more time to put in, but it could obviously still could use more work (incl. improving my selections, reducing the strength of some of the efx I already used, etc.) to really match the examples.

I used all sorts of tweaks including a few Topaz plugins (NR, Detail, and Adjust), and just don't see how this could be done by an action.

Tom M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to achieve these colors?-dsc_7850nef-tjm01-ps01a-02_698px_wide-jpg  

10. Likes Argos, Mannos liked this post