What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

To answer the question put forth some weeks ago: No, I did not model Buzz in my avatar. I just grabbed a pic and painted over it.

Seems like a good as time as any to get started on my own model.

buzz1.jpg

The head is straight-up box-modeling right now. Still have to sub-d the eyes and mouth. There are some NURBS and Splines going on in there. Wrestling with the green breast plate. Not gonna bother with some of the smaller helmet details around the neck. Few more hours and I'll be ready to Borgify him.

Seeing all of this excellent 3d work from others around here makes me so happy. :sniff:

B7 Stroker! Here you've been "nudged" (inspired) into an "original creation"! I'm sure that you'll make "Buzz" look a whole lot better than his actual self! :D Look forward to seeing the end result! [excited]

Finished tweaking :D

Now I paint skin...oooh goody,skin is easy to paint [stuned]

Stu.

Your "tweaking" looks good, Stu! You've lightened up the shadows on the face and have brought more definition in, as a result! ;)

However, one observation... take a look at the nose. You're not going to like to hear this, but there's an obvious "line" running vertical down the bridge of his nose that wasn't there the first time around... [oops]

Like I say, I love the fact that you've "lightened up the shadowing" to bring in more facial contours but I find this line to be distracting... :\

Still.... beautiful work buddy! :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Thanks Wendy :D

Ya no problem.You have a thing called a symmetry object in my app and take your half head and chuck it in and it mirrors the one side for you,and if your middle row of points are not right in the middle you get a line like in the image above .Sym objects or mirror objects cut your modelling time in half as you only have to manipulate one side,when finished you merge it and create two sides :)

Stu.

awesome, stu! :perfect: Stroker, its already comming together really well! Err, that was done in Cinima 4d, right? [confused]

Kiwi: Ya no problem.You have a thing called a symmetry object in my app and take your half head and chuck it in and it mirrors the one side for you,and if your middle row of points are not right in the middle you get a line like in the image above .Sym objects or mirror objects cut your modelling time in half as you only have to manipulate one side,when finished you merge it and create two sides

Aaaaaah... I see! [innocent] I'm not familar with these 3D apps, but this certainly makes perfect sense! ;)

fantastic work Kiwi .. um, but isn't he a little too handsome? ... no smile/worry lines, post acne damage :rofl: :rofl: ... oops [innocent] :D

Alistair said:
Err, that was done in Cinima 4d, right? [confused]
Yes, but not by the progam Alistair, but the master using it ;)

Great work Stu, nice improvements :perfect:
Can hardly wait to see the final version, painted/textured.

Thanks guys :D

Ya painting the skin is where the blemishes and acne 3rd degree burns and in grown toad stools come in :D

Stu.

Kiwi: Now I paint skin...oooh goody,skin is easy to paint
:rofl: Don't forget those "in grown toad stools" Stu!
This guy is just too gorgeous/perfect to be believable otherwise! ;)

Still working on a lot of the modeling. I'm almost happy with the green breast armour. Decided I will do some more details around the neck because I'm getting the hang of this model finally. Falst starts are a good thing. More Borgish modeling around the head soon using my (old) avatar for ideas.

Started texturing the head.

Being a Borg, he's lost some chubbiness in his face. Fat is inefficient or something.

buzz2.jpg

Looking good Stroker! :perfect:

:perfect: commin right along stroker! but... How come you've decided to darken the whole thing? (it used to be all brighter)?

Stu, your level of patience is only outdone by your ever increasing skills with the tools... manoman, I dunno what you eat bud but I needs some badly hahahaha... [confused] :rofl: :rofl: :perfect:

Stroker, looking good dude... :perfect: hey, how bout putting up your old avatar so we can view both worx in a cross comparison sort of way... please [excited]

Gausian said:
Yes, but not by the progam Alistair, but the master using it
Yes, I understand its the person behind the chunk of metal and outside of the program ;) I'm just asking what program, because Im comparing graphics quality, as in how good of a job does the render engine do, how detailed it can get, etc. Im trying to give myself a base prog to stick with so I don't fly from prog to prog undecided the rest of my life :D ;)

geez, I hear ya Allister... :D

thing is, from what I can tell there is no "one" app that is supreme in all areas... ;) ;)

So here's yet another one to try.... Electric Images Universe ( requires NT/XP platform or Mac )

http://www.electricimage.com/

Be sure to check out their gallery, particularily the Raytrace Gallery> Crystal Sculpture.... and yea, the rhino ain't too shabby either... some of the cars don't look too antialiased, but I think from looking at the rest of the models that this is more to do with the artist than with the app because some of the entries in the gallery are amongst the finest models/renders I have ever seen... even if you decide not to go with this app, the Gallery alone is more than worth the visit...

Have fun eh :)

Alistair, I'm a Max user. I think I'm the only Max user around here.

Gidgit, check out this thread for some avatar fun: Pakman's Revenge. There is a pretty big pic of the graphic I used on the first page, but it's lacking the chin scar.

Got a Buzz Lightyear of Borg update coming soon. Almost done modeling the armour stuff and what-not (looking at that bigger pic, I have a lot of tweaking to do). I just love Splines. Start re-working his head as well, but this won't be in until later.

You know Alistair, it's just a silly question.

Would you ask people which car to buy? There you go ;)

In the case of the 3D software, you have the opportunity to try them all out, at least with most of them.

No serious, there's nothing wrong with the quality of programs like 3DSMAX, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Maya, XSI, it's all about personal preference, like with so many things in life.

Important is the budget you have. If you want something under $1,000...easy...then you can already delete some of the programs from your list.

You probably want a certain stability, speed, render, options, support on the internet etc....and you can delete a few more from your list.

I totally hear ya gaus. And right now im still messing with demos and stuff. I would like a program that has all the power of all the programs you listed in one :D , and I would go to any price to get it... but, first I also have to buy a external hd, since I only have a capacity of 10 gigs and only have 5 left, so I'm thinking of getting my self a 40 giger, or anything higher than that thats in the 100 dollar range. ;) gaus, I see you found a way to recover your origional title! How did that happen in the first place? [stuned]

Back