What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidentally deleted Photoshop CS5 application

brookekp

Hello All :)

I accidentally dragged my Photoshop CS5 program into the trash (I have a mac), and now (even when I drag it out of the trash and onto the desktop) It doesnt open and the program won't run..

The window that opens when I click on the desktop shortcut is "Adobe Photoshop cS5" with the following folders:
- scripting
- Samples
-Presents
-Uninstall
-Plugins
-Legal

etc

I am not sure how to open the program again OR do I have to re-install it? Even If I did have to reinstall it I wouldnt know how.... I have tried everything I can THINK of and browsed message boards and cant seem to find an answer.. I am not going to empty my trash bin until I figure this out.

Please help

Thanks so much

iDad

Guru
When you added it to the trash it uninstalls it you need to take it put in your applications folder double-click it and install bit first you need to click the uninstall to removeoall remnants of CS5

brookekp

When you added it to the trash it uninstalls it you need to take it put in your applications folder double-click it and install bit first you need to click the uninstall to removeoall remnants of CS5

I dont have the original disk to install it again! Is there another way?

iDad

Guru
Believe if you bought it from Adobe you can go to your purchased page and download it again unless they stop that practice since CC

ibclare

Queen Bee
But if you bought a pirated version, or you bought the computer with the program on it, you are back to square one with buying a new copy. Sorry.

PS: @ iDad, I hope they would honor their clients!