What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding gradinet to warped area. How ??

MoO

Adding gradient to warped area. How ??

While I've used PS for a couple years now, I'd still consider myself a total newbie.
(Up until recently, the extent of my usage has been resizing and auto-color-balance.):)

Anyhow, I started my image with by just using the selector tool to make a rectangle, and filled it with the paint bucket.
Next, I warped it to the shape I wanted.
Now, I just want to add a couple little gradients.

When I try what works for non-warped stuff, the gradient applied behind what I'm trying to color (but on the same layer ;)).

What am I missing ??
~ Mo

[EDIT]For the sake of thoroughness, I'm attaching the image: View attachment scroll.psd[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Not sure I understand.
When you warp an image it's the pixels you're moving around, the canvas stays the same so if you add a gradient you're adding it to the canvas not the shape created by warp.
Does that answer your question or am I not understanding you?

I think that confirms my problem.
Now I guess I just need to find the solution.
As you can see, I edited my OP to include the file.
My starting point (gradient wise) is in just trying to add a little of a top-down black-to-white gradient to the top of the body.

How can I put a gradient on the shape I created by warp??

Use the pen tool or lasso to select the shape, the gradient will be applied inside the shape and not the whole image.

Attachments

• scroll[1].psd
    62 KB · Views: 12
Just select the shape or whatever (CTRL+L) or use pen tool and then the gradient will be specific to the item, whatever it is. Cheers mate

Oh My GOODNESS!! :cheesygrin:

That was my first suspicion, so I tried it several times. It didn't work.
I must have had the wrong layer selected :mrgreen:.

Thanks a bunch,
~ Mo

Back