What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on how to achieve an effect?

SirHale

Long story on why I actually want to do this, I'll try to summarise it. Basically me and my friends have this thing called 'Epic Fridays' where we go out on a Friday and... It's epic. Anyway, we're gonna actually go so far as to write an archive to record all the best moments for looking back on in the future, now on the cover we want a certain design.

We all know this poster \/

barack-hope.jpg

Basically what we want to do is get a picture of each of us, and add this effect onto it (The red and blue deal) then underneath replace 'Hope' with 'Epic'. Don't ask, we're nerds. ANYWAY, does anyone have any advice on what brushes or adjustments I could use to make a normal photo look like the Barack Obama Hope poster?

It should be easy, but it's getting overdone. Even I'm guilty of it. (Anyone remember my KFC logo?)

It is good practice, though, to learn the threshold function, if nothing else.

Agent

Back