What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on How to Replicate an Effect

Dalek300

Hi everyone,

I was recently asked by a client to replicate a logo design of hers (attached below) that she currently only has as a JPEG. I've successfully recreated the main elements (large red text, subtitle, female silhouettes etc.) but have so far been unable to accurately reproduce the yellow back-light effect. I attempted to use the ?wind? filter in Photoshop to achieve the desired look but it isn?t quite as detailed or as vibrant as the original.

Next Logo.jpg

I?m hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction with how to pull this off because right now I?m really struggling for ideas. Any advice would be immensely appreciated.

Kind regards,
Dalek300

Hello and welcome to PSG.

The effect in the poster/logo was done in multiple layers.

There are many ways to do this. A big brush stamp and a layer mask or a radial gradient and a layer mask.

This is a radial gradient.
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.39.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 4.14.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 4.14.16 PM.png

You can also use the Pen Tool to create triangle shapes, make a selection making sure to feather your selection to about 8.0, save that selection, and then place a gradient within the selection.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 4.25.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 4.25.55 PM.png

Back