What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

African Elephant's

Argos

Guru
Nice i like the work on the elephants, the grass it's a little too much a bit confusing.

Good job!

Cheers!

gedstar

Guru
Hi Cystal

Nice work again, but as Argos mentioned there's something about the background that doesn't seem right, maybe over saturated

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
It is "That Something' that's at bugging the heck out of me...going to do more editing on it.
Thanks guys for your input, will be back with something better when I get rid of that "Something" :rolleyes:

It is "That Something' that's at bugging the heck out of me...going to do more editing on it.
Thanks guys for your input, will be back with something better when I get rid of that "Something" :rolleyes:

It looks like you painted the mid-tones darker in some areas and lighter in other areas?

I look forward to see your adjusted and more natural version.

Argos

Guru
Much Better! If you want extra work i think that the warm tone on the first one was a good idea, especially that blue (cold) tone in the elephant shadow dont match the image.

Pipsmom

Guru
I have this nagging feeling while working on the background picture from Pixaby that all wasn't as it appeared to be. Odd shapes, colors and lines appeared in places like it has been altered at some time, may be this is why I won't ever be satisfied with this one, just something isn't right with the original...and that sky what is going on with that thing....really should have replaced it in hind sight but live and learn....
Anyway, this is it for this project added more warmth but its good as I can get it when it isn't playing fair :rofl:

warmth Golden Grass.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey Crystal,

Nice work!

Here's a tip to match in a better way the background with the animals.

Therefore try the Glyn Dewis tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw7cabDYfVk&t=299s

You'll have to experiment to have the result you want but the match between background and objects will be more pleasing...