What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation Automate batch problem with auto frame

Nicoh

Hi guys !

I am currently struggling with my first attempt of batch processing...

I am trying to apply a white border to jpegs already exported with lightroom in a file.

Stuff is I am not sure which box should be ticked in the batch processing dialog box.

So far, I have either not all files processed or photoshop is displaying a jpeg quality dialog box for each image, which takes a lot of time.

I would like it to process all images without any dialog box opening...

Can someone help me out please? These images must be returned to clients within a few hours and I am starting to stress out a lot !

Many thanks in advance

Photoshop version CC (2017.0.1)

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Nicoh

Just a suggestion for the future. Don't agree to deadlines until you have a tired and true workflow that you don't have to create on the spot. It will avoid panics and get you to running your business operating closer to grace and ease rather than operating in crisis mode. Just a suggestion.

In photoshop, you need to create an action that you call within the Batch program. Here is a link with an example of how to do this: https://www.dam-photo.com/how-to-use-photoshop-actions-to-add-an-exclusive-border/

There are many more links on the internet that you can google.

Also, this can be done with a plugin to Lightroom quick and easily with a plugin. Mogrify 2 is the plugins name: https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

It allows adding borders in the export panel (exterior or interior with all borders same size, unique size and whatever color you desire. Easy to use and many other great features too.

Hope this gets you going and other forum members may have other approaches as well.

John Wheeler

Last edited:

Nicoh

Hi john,

Thank you so much for your reply and several advices.

I managed to solve my problem the other day with simply adding save to my action.

I didn't know about the plugin you've mentioned but I will definitely have a look on it. For the moment I am trying to improve my photoshop skills as I would like to do as much tasks I can with this program.

Thank you so much for your help.

Take care John.

Nicolas