What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

background bleed image

Juc1

Hi all,

my background here has a bleed image (900px) which is fine.

but other pages are longer than 900px = need to extend background image ie first 900px exactly like the above page but then extending longer (eg 2500px)

my effort here is perfect except there is horizontal line occurring at 900px ie join between original image and extension

any suggestions please for getting rid of the horizontal joining line???

thank you

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
what were you using to create the image in the first place is it from a picture

Juc1

if so black paint brush and brush over the line

Ok thanks but the tricky thing is that the colour at the join is not exactly black and because it is a gradient I am not sure what colour it is. The horizontal line is caused by a few pixels being out of place so I think that if I use the black paint brush it will just result in another horizontal line.

Hoogle

Guru
well what is the width and length of your page it is quite simple to create a new image

Hoogle

Guru
just upload the image onto your ftp and if i remember correctly been a while since i did a html site put this code in
body { background-image: url("http://yoursite.com/images/image_name.jpg"); background-position: 50% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat;)

Juc1

well what is the width and length of your page it is quite simple to create a new image
OK thanks but it is not just create any image - the hard bit is the first 900px needs to be exactly this image (which is 2 px x 900 px) ie exactly this except longer (2px x 2400px instead of 2px x 900px).

I am thinking of creating one image 1px x 1500 px then fill with #141414, a second image 1 px x 1500px then fill with #151515; join these two together to make 2px x 1500px then add this to the bottom of the original image to make 2px x 2400px.

I am not sure if this is a good way to do it or whether this will create a nasty horizontal line at the join....

thanks