What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Place to Buy CS 6

Witterings

Banned
Does anyone know the best place to buy a genuine copy of CS6, I've seen a few "discounted sites" that I wonder if they're selling rookie versions which I'd rather steer clear of and what's the difference between the standard and extended versions?

A lot of them also seem to be downloads which I've always been a bit wary of but as someone mentioned if you burn it onto a CD you've got a copy of on disk anyway so there's not really any difference.

Any help and links to "trusted sites" would be greatly appreciated.

MikeMc

McGuru
Most reputable photographic houses may still have a boxed copy.....sealed from Adobe, I know B&H photo shows CS6 in the catalog BUT it sells for $999.00....

I might suggest looking into CC2015....

Witterings

Banned
You can still buy the full version or upgrade from Adobe

This is really why I was asking though they list CS6 at £644.40 (£921 for extended) and yet some retailers are quoting approx £260 for a standard downloaded version and £290 for extended, supposedly discounted from approx £490 for standard???

I know you can buy it on subscription as well which would include updates but lets be honest they just see it as a way of extracting more money from you over time so would rather buy the stand alone version before they become "unavailable"

Steve

Retired Administrator
I checked Newegg and Amazon and there's nothing there.
Ebay has some bargains if you're comfortable buying there but the only place I know to get a guaranteed 100% official copy is Adobe.com
Good Luck

gedstar

Guru
Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
If you are upgrading from any of: Photoshop CS5, Photoshop CS5 Extended or Acrobat X Suite
you can get CS6 from Adobe for $199 US. Otherwise it is full price at $699 US from Adobe.

If you want to spend the time and energy to take the time and risk to purchase from a non-Adobe source, make sure you have an iron clad return policy if the serial number/activation do not work. Without Adobe or return policy your are driving without a seat belt IMHO.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I've use this site whenever I buy something online and I never had a problem the retailers chose.
Buy Tech Solutions wasn't reviewed by the site but maybe it will help you with other sites.

I assume you don't have any product you can upgrade from so why not go with the $9.99 Photoshop CC plan.
You'll always be working with the most current versions of Lightroom and Photoshop and it'll take almost 6 years to get to the $699 of what's already a 3 year old product with no support or support that's ending soon.

Good Luck

Witterings

Banned
I left that other site well alone as my thinking was in gedtsar's camp and if it looks too good along to be true ............

Unfortunately I don't have anything to upgrade from apart from already owning Lightroom, guess I've just got to decide whether bite the bullet and pay the whole amount or do teh monthly scheme, I guess I just prefer "owning" rather than renting.

Thank to everyone for your help and input though it really is appreciated!!

Actual disks are going to get harder and harder to find, as Adobe has switched to the cloud. If you find a legit one, snap it up!

Steve

Retired Administrator
............ guess I've just got to decide whether bite the bullet and pay the whole amount or do teh monthly scheme, I guess I just prefer "owning" rather than renting ............
I hear you and agree to a point, I know what you mean but you actually never own software, you purchase a license to use it.
But like you I prefer to purchase a lifetime license rather than a month by month license.

I don't need the most current and most up to date version because I use Photoshop for photography.
In you're case I think the subscription makes sense financially and there are probably additional savings if you pay annually.
Cheers,
Steve

MrToM

Guru
...and there are probably additional savings if you pay annually...
Yeah....I've been wondering what to do with my 54pence this year...just can't decide. :rofl:

adobe_generosity.png

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How much is a bag of your favorite crisps?